Linux System Administrator I was responsible for evaluating, planning, and configuring, implementing, controlling, monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting secure cloud infrastructures.
These responsibilities are generally associated with multiple function tasks of small/large/high complexity.
Provide support for cloud platforms with a focus on application services running on Linux based systems. Application support includes Ruby on Rails, Codeigniter, Magento,Wordpress, Laravel, Drupal, Joomla, Prestashop, etc.
With knowledge in Amazon web services (AWS), Google Could, WHM / Cpanel, Plesk, Webmin, etc. Simple auto-deployments using Jenkins and Github.
DNS management, Software installations and maintenance, Server security, Malware removal, Server's backups and Migrations, etc.
DataBase Mysql, Oracle DB, SQLite, PostgreSQL.
Linux Systems: Ubuntu, Fedora, CentOS, Arch, Solaris, etc.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2,RDS,Route53, VPC, Auto Scalling, S3, EFS, RDS, Elastic Cache, Route53, CloudWatch, Amazon Work Spaces)
- Digital Ocean (DNS,Droplets)
- CloudFlare (DNS,CDN,Railgun,Mirage,Polish,Etc)
Tasks done before:
- Migrations (Wordpress, Ruby on Rails, Codeingiter, Joomla, Odoo,Laravel,etc.)
- Optimization, Hardening and configuration of services.(Nginx, Apache,Passenger,CSF,SSH)
- DNS set up and management.
- Configuration, installation and management of Linux servers (CentOs, Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Arch, etc.)
- Debugging and analysis in web sites.
- Continuous integration of Ruby applications with Jenkins using Github repositories.
- Backup politics in Amazon Web Services for website data and databases.
- Bash scripting.
- Malware cleaning.
- Basic knowledge in PHP programming.
- Basic knowledge in Java programming.
- Networking knowledge (protocols, routing, IP subnet).
- Basic knowledge in Visual Basic programming.
- Adobe Photoshop.