Legal Chief at Promotora Tántalo, C.A.
September 2014 – present.
- I am responsible for the design and implementation of the ethics and compliance program (Governance, Risk & Compliance) in Tántalo.
- Leader of the development of a compliance verification program of Venezuelan legal obligations.
- Lead attorney for (i) business transactions; (ii) labor law; and (iii) risk management in Costa Rica and Venezuela.
- Preparation of manuals, protocols and legal policies required for the company.
- Define and manage strategies to prevent claims and lawsuits against the company in Costa Rica and Venezuela.
- Promoted in 1 year from senior lawyer to Legal Chief. Head of Legal Staff composed by 2 law professionals and 3 paralegal.
Labor Development Chief at Coca-Cola FEMSA
July 2013 – August 2014
- Assigned to the Human Resources Manager of the Venezuela’s central region.
- Handle and keep harmonics relations with the union and workers in the distribution centers and production plants of the company.
- Keep labor law compliance within the company.
- Create and coordinate the implementation of Labor strategic, policies, and programs.
- Responsible for the development of the processes and metrics that support the achievement of company.
- Promoted in less than 1 year from labor lawyer to labor development chief of central region.
Lawyer at Smurfit Kappa
June 2008 - July 2013
- Offering legal assistance in different areas related to Corporate, Civil and Mercantile Property.
- Practice of legal Audits, in order to assess legal compliance in different areas of the business, recommending corrective actions.
- Analysis and study of the legislation, doctrine and jurisprudence, with the purpose of transferring knowledge.
- Report of legal notice via reports, chats, courses and workshops.
- Drafting of legal opinions of all law matters.
- Promoted in September 2012 from lawyer to labor lawyer.