Communications Manager (2013 – 2015)
Colombian Government, Bogota, Colombia
• Led and mentor 15 staff members and USD $3 million department budget while managing the communications department of the government agencies: media relations, internal communications, community engagement, events, advertising, digital communications, branding, and digital communications platform.
• Restructured the communications department in one month, standardized external and internal communications and messaging, and implemented new agency´s brand, website, social media platform, and executed +200 outreach events in 3 months.
• Designed and executed communications plans to disseminate public policies, and position economic development issues in the public opinion and among stakeholders.
• Led the publications committee and the knowledge management strategy for the DNP; supervised editing and design of 24 technical publications in 7 months.
Account Manager (2011 – 2012)
Burson Marsteller, Bogota, Colombia
• Managed 7 staff members, 7 accounts, and US $1 million budget, and provided strategic consultancy in marketing communications, internal and external communications and government relations for major customers such as Microsoft, HP, Nokia, and Intel.
• Designed and executed communications strategies to generate awareness of products and services, and to position brands and executives.
• Advised Microsoft CSR program to create the communications strategy to disseminate its impact.
• Improved profitability of the account team by 70% and achieved a business unit growth of 15% in 2012.
Regional Public Relations Manager (2006 – 2011)
Cisco Systems, Bogota, Colombia
• Managed communications and corporate relations strategy to position the brand and its products, and advocate for the company’s public policy in the Andean countries, Central America and the Caribbean (CANSAC) regions; liaised with government authorities, media, industry associations, and KOLs.
• Designed a corporate relations model mapping and standardizing stakeholders’ engagement and government relations in the region.
• Advocated for broadband connectivity and ICT inclusion in the region; secured 3 major partnerships with ICT ministries in Costa Rica, Colombia, and Peru; created the Broadband Forums in partnership with the Ministries of Technology, leading newspaper editors and major service providers.
Senior Consultant (2005 – 2006)
Llorente & Cuenca, Bogota
• Provided strategic consultancy in communications, media relations and public affairs to 8 key accounts from consumer, health and technology industries such as Microsoft, Mars Inc., GSK, and Telefónica.
• Managed 4 staff members and USD $500k budget; developed consultancy proposals to customers.
• Created the corporate social responsibility portfolio to advise clients on how to design CSR programs and how to develop sustainability reports.
• Established the regional coordination for Microsoft Andean Region to advise four countries.
• Advised Mars Inc. in stakeholders’ engagement, government relations, license to operate and launch of a new Latin American dog food Pedigree production plant.
Senior Consultant and Leader of Community Affairs (2003 - 2005)
Porter Novelli, Guatemala City
• Managed 4 staff members for technology, healthcare, and community affairs accounts.
• Provided consultancy on external and internal communications, CSR, and government relations to 11 national and transnational firms in Guatemala.
• Secured a major partnership with Microsoft and Ministry of Education to create the program “Technology to Educate” to bring over 10,000 computers with Microsoft software to 700 public schools in the country.
• Designed and executed the nationwide communications campaign to position the Guatemalan Commission of Historical Clarification Report -“Memory of Silence”- a USAID-funded project.