* INCAS³ (Research): Development of various technology demonstrators and prototype devices. Hereby acquired experience in wireless data telecommunication, radio circuitry design, antenna selection, wireless sensor network nodes, embedded systems programming, system integration, system architecture design, mechanical CAD and prototyping (enclosure design and frames for robots), schematic design, PCB design and hardware (prototype) production methods, writing product documentation, 3D printed prototypes.
* www.MegaHard.pro (Design): Megahard has strong roots in the scientific research world. Our specialty lies in the development of apparatus for scientific research and application demonstrators of scientific research. Megahard engineering has years of experience in development of lab and field-ready research tools and demonstrators.
The design service we provide can range from a PCB to a complete technology development including enclosure design and software development.
* Bazingalabs (Design): Bazingalabs focuses on developping and selling easy to use hardware for hardware and software designers and developers.
* INCAS³ (Research) [from 6/2011]: Worked on the development of high-tech electronics for use in research. Later during my position at INCAS³ I operated as a project manager/leader for the "CarGate" project. For more info on this projects please take a look at INCAS³'s website under "projects" and "CarGate" --> www.incas3.eu
* Hanzehogeschool Groningen (Higher Education) [from 8/2009]: Closely involved in the development of a unique new bachelor’s degree curriculum in sensor technology as well as the institute in the startup and running phases.
Externship at Sun Microsystems in California (USA) on the topic of wireless sensor networks; Sunspots.
Designed the building’s main engineering research and development lab.
Responsible for the development and preparation of lab courses and student projects around the disciplines of electrical engineering, sensor technology, computer science, biology, chemistry and mechanical engineering.
Acting as lab instructor.
Acting as student research project tutor.
* Hanzehogeschool Groningen (Higher Education) [from 7/2007]: Graduation project; designing and developping an autonomous ground-vehicle to compete against other teams in the Robochallenge 2007.
Main tasks: responsible for the design of the system accross a multidiciplinairy team of people as well as project planning in the starting phase of the project. After the initial phase I wrote the hardware driver/API which could be used by the software engineers to add AI to the robot.
for more info
* Zenitel Caribbean B.V. (Telecommunications) [from 8/2006]: Assignment: the development of software creating the possibility to send a query to a database in the form of an SDS message from a portable radio over the established TETRA (Chuchubi) communications network.
Programming experience: Acces databases, SQL, threading, TCP/IP and XML over TCP/IP, php, WAP pages.
The Company: Zenitel Caribbean B.V. is the operator of the Chuchubi telecommunications network (more commonly known as the TETRA protocol) based in the Dutch Antilles and Aruba. Zenitel Caribbean B.V. is part of the international Zenitel group.
Goal of the internship: attract major potential clients (especially police and the coastguard) by demonstrating the SDS-query system to them. Both the coastguard and police are now clients of Zenitel Caribbean B.V.
* Testprint B.V. (Printing) [from 1/2005]: Assignment: embedded system software development of a user interface for laboratory robotics in ANSI C. Another completed task was the development of a visual user interface design program in Delphi Pascal which generated ANSI C code for the embedded system's user interface.
The Company: suppliers of laboratory (robotic) measurement equipment for the printing ink industry.