JOSE J. SILVA
Masters of Accounting, St. Thomas University, Miami 1999-2002
B.S., Accounting, Universidad del Atlántico, Colombia 1991-1996
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• General ledger • A/P and A/R • Bank reconciliations
• Inventory reconciliations • Cash flow reporting • Month-end closings
Satori Waters-Fort Lauderdale, FL 2017-Present
• Post intercompany transactions, prepare bank reconciliations and journal entries in QB.
• Balance sheet reconciliation and preparation of schedules for external accountant and auditors.
MWI Corp- Deerfield Beach, FL-Temporary position Accountemps 2016-2017
• Fixed assets maintenance. Enter acquisition, depreciation and disposal of fixed asset in Macola.
• Reconciliation of fixed assets in Macola system vs systematic rental software and make adjustments.
Hidalgo Construction Group, Miami, 2015-2016
• Manage accounts payables and reconcile with weekly expenses reports
• Post checks, deposits and petty cash disbursements into Quick-books.
United Health Center, Palm Springs, FL 2012-2014
• Posted and reconciled transactions from bank statements into QuickBooks
• Prepared journal entries for payroll and month end closings accruals
STAFF ACCOUNTANT-Temporary Position
Cosmo International Corp, Deerfield Beach, FL 2011-2012
• Prepared monthly sales analysis report and resolve discrepancies.
• Recorded the additions, transfers and disposals of fixed assets in accordance with GAAP standards.
• Prepared bank reconciliations and sales tax reporting.
Tropical Assemblies Inc., Fort Lauderdale, FL 2007-2011
• Inputted daily transactions in QuickBooks, including invoices, RMA, banking, A/P, A/R, payroll, intercompany reconciliations and weekly check runs.
• Prepared weekly dash report which included sales, purchases, open vendors/ customer PO inventory valuation of raw materials and finish products.
• Reconciled monthly general ledger accounts and bank statements.
• Performed monthly cost roll ups to report profit analysis to management.
Zicon LLC, Boca Raton, FL 2006-2007
• Prepared monthly cash flow projections and scheduled payments to vendors.
• Performed month end close procedures for inventory accounts to determine COGS.
• Posted journal entries, depreciation, accruals and reconciliations using Priority software.
• Reviewed credit applications and financial statements for new clients to establish credit lines.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT-Temporary position MSI Consulting
Freightliner Trucks of South Florida, Pompano Beach, FL 2005-2006
• Posted daily cash receipts and journal entries of four dealerships.
• Upload receivables to the pinnacle centralized billing and correct errors.
• Prepared worksheet for accounts payable reconciliation and notify dealerships of transactions not posted.
JOSE J. SILVA
651 Cypress Lake Boulevard Apt J Pompano Beach, FL 33064 (561) 289-7461 email@example.com
Martinair Holland, Boca Raton, FL 2004-2005
• Posted of general ledger and account receivable transactions for passenger and cargo.
• Bank reconciliation of seven banks accounts (four in different currencies) and credit cards.
• Prepared revenue report, sales accruals and assisted in month end closings.
• Ensured proper allocations of credits to airway bills.
• Reconciled billing activities of travel agencies selling tickets for Martinair with their banking statements.