• Invited by Duke University to be their sole guest speaker at the 2017 HEUG (Higher Education User Group) expo in Las Vegas, to discuss the successful development and adoption of their student portal.
• Principal UX architect on several Oracle projects, including NY.gov, San Diego Community College, Central Florida Expressway Authority (E-Pass), University of Nottingham, International Institute of Education (IIE), Daytona State College, US Air Force Academy, Nevada Gaming Commission and University of Derby.
• Led rich media projects for several Fortune 100 companies, including Best Buy, Home Depot, P&G and Microsoft.
• Created high performing Display Ads with phenomenal conversion rates for Zales, Huggies, Unilever, Bosch, Dell, Bounty, Office Max,
Neiman Marcus and Google, plus dozens of other high-pro le companies.
• The principal interactive developer for many of HP’s most successful campaigns between 2010 and 2013.
• Tailored Procter and Gamble’s “Where to Buy” informational micro-sites for Braun, Crest, Gillette and Downy.
• Creator of “Google Doodles” and contributor to Google media guidelines.
• Creative Lead for Google Shopping and Google Celebration.
• In 2014 completely revitalized Houghton Mif in Harcourt’s popular “Go Math!” and “Science Fusion” educational programs to secure their position as the perennial #1 eLearning solutions of their kind.
Senior User Experience Architect, Oracle Practice
Ciber - Consulting Firm / Application Development
April 2014 - Present
• As Ciber’s principal Oracle UX Developer, Hector’s duties focus on full-spectrum User Experience analysis and development. This process includes the creation of conceptual drafts and outlines, engaging groups to establish user stories and personas, drafting storyboards and owcharts, de ning the information architecture model, application of user-centric protocols, creation of wireframes based on ndings, followed by polished design comps and active prototypes. Other steps include User Accessibility Testing, QA and documentation.
• As part of a small sales pursuit team, Hector visited the University of Nottingham and the University of Derby in Europe where his presentations, analysis and recommendations where key in closing these two large deals.
• Spearheaded Duke University’s Human Capital Management interface and San Diego Community College District’s user portal efforts. Delivered the UI and work ow logic for Oracle’s Cloud UX platform, “CloudCalc.”
• Utilizing Bootstrap’s Responsive platform, Hector designed and developed the Employee Portal framework for New York State, the International Institute of Education, the University of Texas System and Daytona State College.
• All projects included asset, report and performance management within a SharePoint platform. SharePoint was also leveraged heavily for version control, community collaboration and content management.
Lead eLearning Developer
HMH – Publishing Giant
November 2013 - April 2014
• Sole developer of eLearning programs based on Articulate suite of applications.
• Utilized Captivate software to elevate the eLearning experience in high-traf c interaction points when necessary.
• Provided critical accessibility testing and analysis per SCORM-based program.
• Utilized SharePoint Insights platform to display consumable performance data to management.
• Experienced in the administration of Learning Management Systems, including Moodle.
• Created high-performance, high-impact interactive instructional designs.
• Embedded user-polling, graphing, heat-maps, A/B testing, shadowing sessions and other tactics where used to tailor and tweak
the consumer response to the instructional software.
Creative Design Lead
Google – Search Engine Giant
May 2010 - October 2013
• As principal developer of interactive advertising for the Google Florida of ces, Hector used a wealth of tools, skills and available resources to meet challenging project deadlines while exceeding client expectations. Working with a team of front and back-end developers, he was able to effectively delegate tasks across a team of varying skillsets.
• Contributed to teams in the development of Single Page Applications (SPAs) utilizing the AngularJS framework.
• Led a small team of creative developers that supported a wide array of business verticals.
• Marketing and Promotions creative lead for Celebration location.
• As an original member of the Google Shopping platform, created several micro-sites for vendors.
• Responsible for print assets, brand protection & enforcement.
• Designed huge convention booth structures for world-class shows including CES and MWC.
• Oversaw routine Quality Assurance sessions on legacy and pre-release projects.
• Participated in project assessment meetings and conference calls to discuss project bene t/risk ratios.
• Held quarterly department status meetings where performance data was presented department-wide.
• Participated in daily Scrum sessions and weekly Implemented Data Binds and scripts on legacy web applications to add dynamic
Web Designers of Orlando – Web Development Firm
June 2003 - March 2010
• Directed a team of a dozen designers and developers in the Central Florida market.
• Launched a realtor-centric web solution, which achieved a 3rd place ranking in nationwide popularity
• Provided SEO, Design, UAT, Email Campaign and Documentation services for clients.
• Coordinated projects, calendars, and schedules for entire development team.
• Daily scrums held, topics ranged from team reviews of documents or proposals along with project postmortems.
• Used Zend to edit and enhance PHP framework constructs.
• Developed complete brand identity packages for clients.
• Co-developed a WYSIWYG Content Management System used to update live content via administration panel.
• Experience as a hosting provider, cPanel setup and administration.
• FTP, SSL, SSH transfer protocols, POP, IMAP, EXCHANGE email administration.