Mi profesión inicial fue como Enfermera Quirúrgica, pero mi camino en el ámbito laboral me ha expandido con habilidades no solo para salud sino como asesoramiento sobre estrategias de mercadeo e investigación y análisis de productos en competencia para posicionamiento en Latinoamericano y localizar zonas de inversión internacional en HIGH BEAM PARTNERS, USA. Desarrollo de proyectos, asesoría de estrategias de mercadeo en el sector de salud privado en DUOMEDICA S.A, CR, Experiencia como coordinadora quirúrgica en sala de operaciones en Hospital Clinica Biblica, CR. En el área de ventas en Meditek Service S.A como especialista de dispositivos medicos en columna, ortopedia y Neuro, CR.
HIGH BEAM PARTNERS (2014 – PRESENT)
High Beam Partners is dedicated to organic and acquisition related growth of investments in the US and Latin America. Investment targets are in growth industries with long term investment horizons
• Advised on marketing strategies for investment in Sky Jump Costa Rica
• Performed feasibility analysis on the purchase or rent of land in Panama, Colombia and Mexico for expansion of certain projects
DUOMEDICA S.A (2013-PRESENT)
DUOMEDICA is a Costa Rican Company dedicated to advising the medical community on high technology surgical supplies necessary to provide both the physician and the patient the highest quality care at the most reasonable price
• Provide medical marketing services to position doctors or their practices within the private sector
• Consult on financial strategies to improve practice profitability
• Arrange strategic alliances increasing patient counts and market position
• Develop targeted campaigns to acquire new patients and retain existing patients
• Execute telemarketing programs to reach out to patients
• Created and executed public relation strategies for television, radio, health magazines and national newspapers
• Promote and disseminate information on electronic media for improved patient communication
• Developed websites for practices to improve customer experiences
MEDITEK SERVICE S.A 2010-2012
Meditek is a Company dedicated to the distribution of medical equipment and supplies from such brand names as General Electric, Steris, Medtronic, and Datascope, to name a few. They provide solutions to patients, medical centers and specialists in the field of cardiology, column, neurology, neonatology, vascular, diabetes, infection control and surgical equipment.
Sales Executive for column devices, neuro navigator and Parkinson neurostimulation, epilepsy and chronic pain.
• Regularly sold more than $1 million annually
• Provided in-person training and logistic support to doctors in Latin America and other countries including the following countries: Puerto Rico, Colombia, Panama, Mexico, Argentina, United States, Amsterdam, Dubai and England
• Analyzed the Costa Rican and Panama market for the introduction of a new product line from international company Stryker. Produced a market analysis for Costa Rica and Panama resulting in a $100,000 initial investment in the marketing of new orthopedic products developed by Stryker.
• Developed and categorized client base for specific targeted marketing/sales campaigns
• Created an inventory system to facilitate reordering processes to better manage inventory costs in Panama and Costa Rica
• Assisted with 400 annual surgeries both inside and outside of the country
• Developed price quotes for products and services
• Provided continuing education to doctors via symposiums, conferences, and workshops on cadavers
• Negotiated the purchase and/or leasing of medical devices for Social Security for an approximate value of over $300,000
• Created in the Ministry of Health a certification for the authorization of use of orthopedic devices in Costa Rica.
Hospital Clínica Bíblica 2006-2010
Hospital Clínica Bíblica is one of the largest and most important hospitals in Costa Rica. It was the first hospital in Central America to comply with the Joint Commission accreditation, a private US accreditation process that ensures international hospital quality and service.
Head Surgery Coordinator (2008-2010)
• Managed a group of 70 consisting of 54 surgical nurses, 14 surgical assistants, and 2 recovery nurses, consistently providing accurate and efficient medical support
• Managed a budget in the surgery department of over US$15,000 annually consistently reducing costs and finishing under budget
• Managed US$13 million in inventory for medical supplies, medicines, and medical equipment
• Provided medical/surgical assistance to all specialties
• Increased the sales via the development of surgical packages such as gynecology, orthopedics, and laparoscopy.
• Developed an education and certification process for orthopedic surgeries training surgical nurses for orthopedic implants for Biomet and Synthes products.
• Created surgical protocols endorsed by the Joint Commission
• Developed a 3 month basic nursing course for the following roles: instrumentation, circulation and recovery
• Negotiated the purchase of equipment and provider guarantees
• Accredited for handling and use of autoclave sterilization, certified in USA
Surgical Coordinator Strakan (Strakan is a section of the Biblica hospital) (2006-2008)
• Managed Strakan surgical personnel consisting of 26 nurses specializing in orthopedics surgery instrumentation and neurosurgery patients and 6 assistants, and 2 recovery nurses.
• Provided client service to over 70 medical specialists
• Managed inventory and purchased US$ 7 million in surgical supplies and medicines
• Managed over 8,400 patients per year
• Developed rolls descriptions for administrative staff