HIGHLIGHTS OF SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 10 years of experience in Packaging design.
• Strong background in Packaging and Product design, 3D modeling, Photo realistic renderings, Prototyping, 2D Cad technical illustrations, Concepts exploration.
• Experience on designing and developing rigid packaging (PET, Flint Glass, Cardboard, PP HDPE, LDPE, Surlyng, K Resin).
• Experienced in the design guidelines for the different manufacturing processes (extrusion-blown, injection molding, injection-blown, surface treatment, stretch-blow molding, corrugated process, etc).
• Creative, methodical, self starter, pragmatic, accuracy and attention to details, always trying to learn about the mistakes, cooperative and constructive.
• Computer skills include: Rhinoceros, Vray, Autocad, CATIA, Ilustrator, Photoshop, Macromedia Flash, Fireworks, MS Office.
Packaging Responsible 2011 – Present
Volkswagen Argentina, Buenos Aires, (Argentina)
• Tasks coordination during the kick off of CKD project.
• Development of complex racks and packages for car parts and entire car bodies
• Cost saving analysis for packaging and processes (guidelines and technical recommendations)
• Documentation of all the area procedures according Company Standards.
• Assistance to the packaging lines (problems solving “in time”)
• Customer Claims: technical analysis, interaction with customer and supplier. Actions taken in order to solve parts damaged problems.
• Coordinate the reception, packaging and shipping for special parts and pre-series ones with all Logistics Areas according Project timeline.
• Coordination and tracing to Shipping tests (for new or modified packaging)
• New packaging materials development
• New Packaging Suppliers development according Company Standards.
• Semi-Knocked-Down (SKD) vehicles Process development and its implementation for exportation overseas.
• Manage of all the processes and work through SAP environment.
Packaging Specialist 2006 – 2011
Cepas Argentinas S.A. Buenos Aires, (Argentina)
Business group specialized in the production and distribution of food and beverages.
• Packaging development projects according to marketing needs (evaluation of technical feasibility and identifying viable options).
• Improvements in production processes in order to increase productivity and quality of a product.
• Technical specifications and blueprints documentation.
• Packaging test Reports (results, recommendations and actions to follow)
• Checking and correction of beverage labels artwork.
• Control during offset print run.
• Technical approval of packaging components, according to its specifications.
• Technical assistance to Sales team, Quality team, Supply Chain team and production staff.
• Bottle design for non alcoholic Beverage (PET perform PCO28 neck finish).
• Glass bottle design for alcoholic Beverage (crown and pilfer closures).
• Bi-orientation stretch ratio analysis during design stage, in order to select the ideal PET preform geometry, that fits better with bottle design
• Guidelines for temperature parameterization during stretch-blow molding process (Sidel and Kroness blow-molding machine) to ensure the correct thickness distribution of PET preform.
• Assistance to the packaging lines (problems solving “in time”).
• Packaging tests to control and validate packaging design (carbon dioxide retention, stress cracking analysis for containers with petaloid base, UV transmittance test, fill-point capacity measurements, compression tests, transport and stowage tests, Cobb test, sampling method using IRAM 15).
• New packaging materials development
• Costs saving analysis for packaging and processes (guidelines and technical recommendations) always trying to preserve the quality of the product.
Packaging Designer 2004 – 2006
TSU Cosmetics, Buenos Aires (Argentina)
• Packaging design and new products development (considering manufacturing and cost limitations, as well as Marketing needs)
• Concept sketching and ideation (brainstorming and lateral thinking)
• Volumetric and dimensional calculation.
• Prototyping using CNC milling (Roland) / silicone rubber mold and Polyester Resin.
• 3D solid & surface modeling. Generation of 3D files for mold production.
• Labels die design according to the shape of the package.
• Checking and correction of cosmetics labels artwork.
Control during offset print run.
• Cardboard packaging box design (drawing the die line according to requirements with CAD software).
• Technical specifications and blueprints documentation (defining tolerance limits for the designed components).
• Interaction with Marketing dept, Supply Chain dept and providers.
• Improvements in the production process in order to increase productivity and quality.
• Approval of specified components, determining tolerance limits. (maximum and minimun)
• Quality control of the production batch.
Industrial Designer 2015 – Present
• Structural Packaging design
• Product Design
• 3d modeling
• Reverse engineering
Unilever Argentina S.A, Buenos Aires, (Argentina) 08/2003
Professional practice developed with the Unilever engineering and packaging design staff
Duties: development of a package for the “Hair” category, considering the Latin- American market needs.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
• Happy Led Life Competition 2015
Organized by Designboom & Gwangju design biennale.
Project “BULBBLE”, shortlisted for the Gwangju design biennale (Korea)
• “Mi Objeto Personal” Design Contest. 2007
Organized by Buenos Aires Metropolitan Design Center and Personal Co
Awarded for the Project “STICKTOGETHER” (TV remote control)
• Unilever Packaging Design Competition 2000
Organized by Unilever and the Argentine Packaging Asociation
Awarded for the project “WALLY” (Shampoo bottle for kids).
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design 1998
Buenos Aires University (U.B.A)