* Palabras de papel (E-learning): Creative Writing and Short Story Instructor (online courses). September 2013 - Present.
* University of Iowa: Spanish TA during four academic semesters plus a Summer Teaching Award (2015). Levels taught: Elementary I and Intermediate I. August 2014 - May 2016.
* IT Consultant (Freelancer). Offered IT Consultant services for the definition and design of web solutions for companies (small and mid-size) and individuals. Bogotá, Colombia, May 2013 - June 2014.
• Worked as part of a Microsoft / Synergy TPC team to design a Business Intelligence Strategy for the Environment, Housing and Landing Development Ministry.
• Elicitation of requirements for www.elmascotero.com, a private entrepreneurship initiative to provide services for dog owners.
• Elicitation, analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of a billing solution for the Public Notary of La Mesa, Cundinamarca.
• Techniques and frameworks: Project Management based on PMIBok, RUP Methodology, Visual Studio 2012, MS SQL Server 2010, MS BI solutions.
* Casa Tomada: Creative Writing Instructor. Bogotá, Colombia, December 2013 - May 2014.
*Corficolombiana: IT Project Manager. Bogotá, Colombia, November 2012 - May 2013.
As a Project Manager I was in charge of working with external providers to support transactional websites including: Single Sign On layer, Sifi Web for trust funding clients, Transactional Portal for leasing clients, Transactional Portal for corporative clients, and Internal Portal. I was also in charge of the six main websites of the company projects during a phase of requirement elicitation (working directly with IT consultants and providers) to include improvements and enhances in them.
Techniques and frameworks: Project Management based on PMIBok, RUP Methodology.
* Synergy: Consultant. Bogotá, Colombia, February 2010 - November 2012.
Synergy is a Microsoft Certified Partner offering customized software solutions.
• Elicitation, analysis, design, development, and testing of a banking web solution for Corficolombiana.
• Definition of a customized MS Dynamics CRM internal solution for the company. I was in charge of setting the required infrastructure and tailoring and configuring the solution.
• Performance and load testing for www.elempleo.com.
• Elicitation and analysis of a solution to customize MS Lync for Telefónica Telecom, one of the biggest telecommunications companies in Colombia.
• Research and definition of a product line to provide company’s clients with Enterprise Architecture services based on TOGAF and SOA methodologies.
• Elicitation, analysis, and design of a customized Office 365 – Exchange Online solution for the Los Andes University. I also participated in the performance testing phase.
• Elicitation, analysis, and design of a solution to migrate the current CCF-Dynamics-based CRM into a CCA-Dynamics-based solution.
• Techniques and frameworks: RUP Methodology, Visual Studio 2010/2012, MS SQL Server 2008/2012, MS Office 365 for Business and Education, MS Dynamics CRM.
* CENET: IT Project Manager. Bogotá, Colombia, May 2007 - November 2009.
CENET is a Microsoft Certified Partner offering customized software solutions. It is also the IT partner for MiPlanilla.com, one of the biggest providers of social security data and payments for private and public companies all over the country. I started as a Systems Analyst and eventually moved to a Project Manager position in which I was in charge of several projects:
• Elicitation and design of a web solution for the management of social housing sponsored by the Environment, Housing and Landing Development Ministry.
• Project Manager for a MS Exchange project in ETB, the biggest telecommunications company in Bogotá. I was in charge of interviewing and selecting the work team for the project.
• Project Manager of a web solution to provide a centralized portal for importers, as required for the Commerce, Industry and Tourism Ministry. I also acted as the account manager for the definition of new projects with the Ministry.
• Project Manager for MiPlanilla.com. I was in charge of the IT work team whose responsibilities included infrastructure and software support.
• Project Manager for MiPlanilla.com ISMS as a governmental requirement for the site operation. For this project we worked with PriceWaterHouseCoopers as external consultant and we were granted the ISO/IEC 27001 certification.
• Project Manager for an Information Security Management System (ISMS) to support all of the projects of the company.
• Techniques and frameworks: Project Management based on PMIBok, RUP Methodology.
* Intergrupo: Systems Analyst. Bogotá, Colombia, March 2005 - March 2007
Intergrupo is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner offering customized software and hardware solutions. I started as a Junior Developer and eventually moved to a Systems Analyst position in which I was focused on the elicitation, analysis, and design phases of projects. Main projects I participated in:
• Elicitation, analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of a Web-based application for El Tiempo newspaper subscriptions.
• Part of the team implementing a MS Project Server solution for the SAB Miller.
• Elicitation, analysis, design, and development of Ficha Técnica, an Intranet Web Application to provide a dashboard type view of the projects managed by the Planning Department of SAB Miller, the biggest brewing company in Colombia.
• Analysis, design, and development of a Datawarehouse solution for the Colombia Stock Exchange.
• Elicitation, conceptualization, and requirements analysis for the improvement of the existing Cobra and Centauro real-estate software for CISA, a private government regulated company in charge of real-estate management of government properties.
• Elicitation, conceptualization, and requirements analysis of a CRM solution for the Colombian Anesthesiology Society.
• Techniques and frameworks: Visual Studio 2003/2005, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MS Project Server 2007, RUP methodology.
* Casa Editorial El Tiempo: Software Developer. Bogotá, Colombia, December 2014 - March 2015.
Developed an internal solution for the registering and processing of sales related to season or one-in-a-time products. The project followed the software development cycle from elicitation to deployment.
Techniques and frameworks: Visual Basic 6, Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server.
* Boehringer Ingelheim: Intern / System Analyst. Bogotá, Colombia, January 2003 - December 2003.
• Acted as Intranet Webmaster.
• Provided support for the XTND Software and its infrastructure. XTND software was used on sales team mobile devices to create, retrieve, modify, and manage clients’ orders.
• Participated in the internal multi-discipline project intended to define and implement an eBusiness strategy for the company. The project was sponsored by the IT Department and managed by PriceWaterHouseCoopers, acting as an external consultant.
• Techniques and frameworks: HTML, ASP, MS SQL Server 2000, XTND Software.