Bilingual Resources Specialist, Spanish
Madison Metropolitan School District, May 2015 - present
Working at Elementary and Middle Schools, to support the English language learners at various grades with their class work in Language-Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science and Reading. Also helping with several administrative tasks such as translating report cards, informative notes and other documents, and interpreting at counseling and parents / teachers meetings; new student's registration, etc.
Labrando un HOGAR, since August 2013 - present
General Editorial Support at my wife’s blog: www.labrandounhogar.com . That means proof reading, “ghost writing” posts, taking pictures and providing general advice and support. Since June 2015 I have become an official collaborator, writing in the "Viajes" (Travel) section. We have been working from Caracas, Venezuela, between August-December 2013; then Miami, Florida, U.S.A. between January-September 2014 and from Madison, Wisconsin, U.S.A. since October 2014.
G&G Technical Sales, VTT
Schlumberger Information Solutions, July 2010 – January 2014
In charge of all the VTT Geomarket, (Venezuela, Trinidad, Suriname) tech sales activities regarding Schlumberger´s geosciences software: Petrel, Studio, GeoFrame, Techlog, Ocean, Malcom, PetroMod, Dynel. This job required me to travel all over Venezuela to deliver presentations and workshops, coordinating roll-outs, making demos at trade shows, analyzing competitor`s activities; helping design, coordinate and implement sales strategies and proposals for all clients in the area. Co-responsible for > 6 million US$ sales in geosciences products and services in 2011, a similar figure in 2012 and a bigger one in 2013.
Geologist, Proactive Support 2
Schlumberger Information Solutions, between February 2007 and June 2010
As part of the Schlumberger Information Solutions (SIS) Software Products teams in West Venezuela, my job was focused in working with Geology and Geophysics applications like Petrel -mostly- and GeoFrame. Until January 2008 I also worked with Interactive Petrophysics. I also had short time international assignments in Norway and Brasil. Example of some activities developed while in this position:
Instructor or co-instructor in the following courses:
• Introduction to Petrel and Structural Modeling in Petrel, for professors and grad students from the Petroleum Engineering School of Universidad del Zulia.
• Introduction to Petrel, for PDVSA (4 times).
• Seismic Interpretation and Visualization in Petrel, for PDVSA (2 times).
• Mapping and Geology Workflows in Petrel, for PDVSA new hires.
• Process Manager and Uncertainty in Petrel, for PDVSA.
• Structural Modeling and Property Modeling in Petrel for Petrowarao.
Consulting / onsite support:
• Depth Conversion in Petrel. Consulting for Tierra Este Integrated Study. PDVSA West.
• On Site support for Petrowarao in a migration of the Geology and Geophysics data from Kingdom SMT to Petrel 2007.
• Petrel workflow presentations and or workshops for Petrowarao, Petroquiriquire and Lagopetrol managers and technical personnel.
• 3D model construction in Petrel of an area in the East side of Bare Field, Orinoco Oil Belt. Consulting for PDVSA East.
• “Guest Tester” of Petrel version 2009.1 de Petrel at the SIS Oslo (Norway) technology center.
• One month as Petrel on-site support at “Unidade de Negocio Río”, Petrobras, Río de Janeiro, Brasil: Solved more than 90 support cases in 16 days at client's site. Among the many interested assignments there, i specially remember the structural update of a sector of a Petrel Model of the Barracuda-Caratinga field.
Prior to the above described assignment: since September 2001 worked for Schlumberger in different locations of Venezuela and Trinidad & Tobago as Support Analyst, Log Analyst, Data Management Engineer, Project Leader, and Geologist.