Workana is a tech startup based in Buenos Aires. We're revolutionizing the way that people think about work in Latin America, and we're looking for great people to join us.
Help shape how people work! With over 400 thousand freelance professionals and thousands of completed projects, Workana is changing the way people think about work. Join a team singularly focused on building the best platform for online work in Latin America. Job Description
You’ll work on cross-product and cross-team initiatives, working closely with cross-functional team members to refine and evolve our projects, functionalities and the Workana platform.
In this technical role, you will work closely with our Product and Growth teams to shape and develop Workana. You will lead efforts to craft scalable solutions for automation, growth, functionalities and business insights so our decision-making is based on accurate and reliable data. You’ll be involved from project inception to design through to delivery.
You are crazy about data and how to extract them. You are a self-starter with good knowledge of BI tools and approaches. You can "crunch the numbers" one minute, and critically think through business problems and communicate to stakeholders the next. You like searching the data to find that next big breakthrough that will move our product forward. Responsibilities
- Work closely with Workana’s management to understand their needs and develop BI strategy to fulfill and scale.
Work closely with Product and Growth to shape and drive the data infrastructure and methods to deliver scalable business insights.
Manage the company’s analytics, dashboards and data mining.
- BA/BS degree with quantitative focus (e.g., Economics, Systems Engineering or IT, Actuary, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 years’ experience in similar positions.
- Database experience including experience in SQL, query optimization, and interaction with logs-level data.
- Of course, we're looking for self-starters - candidates who can jump in quickly without a lot of direction, and learn by asking the right questions.
- Genuine excitement and passion for developing complex data sets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with strong business acumen; demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
- Experience in manipulating data from a variety of systems.
- Understanding of software life cycles and ability to communicate effectively with engineering counterparts.
- Programming experience in Go, Python, PHP.