starting december 2019
10-20 hours per week
compensation assumes the person is based in buenos aires or similar city. 15% performance bonus is available each quarter. Stock options are available.
This role will support the founders on administrative tasks such as data entry, internet research, organizing files, translation (English <—> Spanish), sales order management, and live chat with customers.
We strongly prefer to hire a person with a disability (pwd).
- Sales order administration
- Internet research on customers
- Arranging logistics for shipments using FedEx
- Coordinating small internal projects
- Lead generation via internet research and social media research
- Translation of documents English->Spanish and vice versa
- Customer service and live chat
- Data entry of business cards and organizing photos
- Develop and monitory budgets and timelines for small projects
- Identify efficiency improvements, simplifications, and automation opportunities
- Collect internal company data and create reports for B-Corp compliance
- Generally, keep things organized and crisp
- Minimum 3 year as virtual assistant, secretary, administrative assistant or similar role
- Past experience on social media campaigns is a plus, especially for crowdfunding Gofundme, Kickstarter or Indiegogo
- Experience on odoo, Facebook Messenger Chatbot, google suite, and/or Quickbooks is a plus
- High level of English proficiency (ability to edit blog articles and academic papers) is a plus
- Excellent written communication. Clear.
- Bullet proof follow through. Must deliver on commitments.
- Positive attitude and a great team player. Our work is difficult, fast-paced, and very important.
You must 'give energy' to the founders and the team.
- Comfortable with a virtual team - we need self-motivated people who can perform without a regular office social environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish
- Positive attitude; solution oriented; efficient
- Interest to learn.
If you are successful, you will be promoted and will have opportunity to learn new skills, software, and to travel for the company.
- Excellent self-management, proactive, reliable, trustworthy
- Ambition for professional growth and promotion
Participant’s People Profile: The right people doing great teamwork can produce excellent results that cause transforming impact for our users. We look for people with these characteristics:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with our social mission agenda
- Empathy: deep understanding and shared feelings with our product users, customers, teammates, and other stakeholders.
- Mastery: continuously learn and develop to remain an expert in your functional area
- Autonomy: courage to make choices and take ownership
- CreAction: creativity that moves to smart action and results. This flows from a curious nature and interest to collaborate with a variety of personalities and stakeholders.
- User Focus: a humble and data-based mindset centered on our product users that follows the build-measure-learn cycle for continuous improvement of products and team
- Fun: we strive to create a fun, relaxed work environment that encourages meaningful interactions, collaborative approaches and creates a cohesive team.
About Participant: Participant develops assistive products, like wheelchairs, so that people with disabilities can participate more in society. We are a seed stage startup that functions as a virtual team. That means you can do your excellent work from wherever you want; and, there is potential for promotion and a full time position.
Participant is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We believe this is the right thing to do, and we do it whether or not the local laws require it.
Participant prefers to do trial contracts before hiring. If you are open to that, please let us know.
Category Admin Support
Subcategory Virtual Assistant
Project size Large
Is this a project or a position? Long-term position
Required availability As needed
Delivery term: Not specified