WHO ARE WE?
At Ellan Media, we are revolutionizing the way our clients do business. Our flagship product, Source it!, was recently featured in Forbes as the world's premiere education in online hiring and outsourcing for entrepreneurs. Through consulting and education, we empower entrepreneurs and give them the tools they need to dramatically increase their profits and reach new levels of success.
We are looking for a VA with serious Tech talent to support our founder Bonnie Fahy, a thought leader in human relations and the brain-power behind Source it!. This is a unique opportunity to partner with an incredible executive who takes a mentoring approach to working with her team.
WHO ARE YOU?
As Tech VA, you'll be working on a number of technical and project related tasks, including:
• Facebook ads
• Website development
• Split testing and data analysis
• Conversion-rate optimization
• Social media marketing
• Email marketing
• Project management
• Human resources
This is a great role for someone who is passionate about all things tech, stays on top of emerging tech trends and is looking to break into the world of digital marketing.
• You must be self-motivated. You will be working remotely and independently with very little supervision. An ability to manage your time well, be accountable, adhere to a schedule, and meet deadlines is critical.
• You should have high standards for yourself and your work. You should constantly be over-delivering on projects.
• You should be a natural problem solver. We use a huge variety of software and online tools, which means you will be responsible for responding to and solving any problems that arise with them. Creative problem-solving abilities in other areas are also highly valued.
• You must be extremely organized. You will be handling a large number of projects at once, constantly making judgement calls about priorities, and often multi-tasking within active projects.
• You should have excellent writing skills and be comfortable developing copy for a number of different mediums, including e-mails, blog and social-media posts, and ad copy.
• You have high standards and a critical eye. We value your input in all projects, (technical and non-technical)! Having a strong eye for graphic design, digital media, and copywriting is a huge bonus.
• This is a virtual, contract position. You will need to have your own computer with a webcam, high-speed Internet and a reliable phone.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
Some of the perks of this role include:
• The freedom to work from ANYWHERE
• The ability to be mentored by one of the leaders in the internet marketing space (and get paid for it)
• A "work hard, play hard" company culture
• A supportive virtual environment where you truly feel part of a team
Bonus points if you have experience with:
• Working in a largely 1-on-1 work environment with your boss
• WordPress development or HTML, CSS, and other programming languages
• Setting up e-mail platforms (Constant Contact, Mailchimp, AWeber)
• Web hosting (GoDaddy, BlueHost), webinars (GoToWebinar)
• Google apps suite
• Photoshop (or equivalent photo editor)
• Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads or retargeting
• Split Testing (Optimizely and/or Visual Website Optimizer)
• Managing a business and know how to effectively communicate with workers to get the best results
• Managing social media accounts professionally (Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc)
If this sounds like a good fit, we want to hear from you!
Location: This is a remote, contract position. You will need to have your own computer with webcam, high speed internet and a reliable phone.
Hours: 10 - 20 hours per week
Compensation: $18 - $25/ hour DOE
All candidates who are being seriously considered for the role will be required to complete 1 - 3 sample projects for which you will be paid, to assess if you are a mutually beneficial fit for the company. References are also required prior to a final offer.
- Please address all correspondence in your application to Bonnie.
- Don't worry about writing a cover letter! Instead, please fill out this brief questionnaire: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1x8xWZGHRIEkebPg4F_2nEJwBhwGETHQELSNqZDL125k/viewform
Category: Admin Support
Is this a project or a position?: Long term position
Required availability: Part time