1. Software Description:
I have an e-delivery platform composed of 3 android apps (customer, store, delivery driver), and a Laravel web app that serves the workflow for orders placed through the customer app, received and fulfilled through a store app, and finally the driver gets assigned a delivery job through the driver app.
Please see attached document for a complete workflow illustration and video, and a video of current workflow highlighting the bugs described in this job posting.
2. Debugging Driver App.
• Bug #1 Context: After the driver has accepted a task, he will be taken to the map screen and must go into another screen to select the job to set it on his map screen. The driver then drives to the store, checks that the order has been prepared correctly, and confirms this through his app.
After the driver has confirmed that he has received the order from the store, he is taken to the map screen where a “Start Trip” button should send him on his way to deliver the order to the customer.
• Bug #1: Description: When clicking on that “Start Trip” button, he is not taken to the next step of the workflow, which is a screen showing a “Collect Payment from Customer” button. However, the step has been successfully completed in the background: if you close the app and reopen it, the main screen now shows the “collect payment” button correctly.
If the driver does not close and reopen the app any subsequent clicks on the “start trip” button will show a “selected order id is not valid” error.
• Bug #2 Context: After the driver has collected payment from the customer and confirmed this in the app, he is taken to a screen with a “Complete Trip” button. Upon clicking on this button, the order should be marked as completed for the database and the other two apps, notifying them that the order is complete.
• Bug #2 Description: Upon clicking the “Complete Trip” button, the app crashes/closes and reopens and the process is not completed. No matter how many times the driver attempts to complete the trip, the order status will not change.
a. Send push notification to store app notifying them an order is available and increase the time they have to accept an order before it expires. (From 60 to 180 seconds)
Send push notification to driver and increase the time they have to accept a job before it expires. (From 10 to 30 seconds)
c. I will provide strings.
Note that this job may include work on the Laravel web-app serving the three apps.
1) Milestone 1: Successfully fix Bug #2 in the driver app: $100
2) Milestone 2: Successfully fix Bug #1 in the driver app: $50
3) Milestone 3: Successfully complete the customizations listed in Item 3: $50.
The selected candidate will be provided with the APK for the user app, github repo access for the Laravel web-app, code for store app, and driver app, with the necessary credentials for testing.
Laravel app is currently hosted on Cloudways with Git Deploy enabled; testing for any changes to the Laravel app will be done through a separate branch of the repo, through this git deploy.
The candidate must be able to test the complete workflow for all three apps using a combination of android devices and/or android studio emulator.
The selected candidate must return the modified source code in a zip file, payment will be released upon successful testing.
Category: IT & Programming
Subcategory: Apps programming. Android, iOS and others
What is the scope of the project?: Small change or bug
Is this a project or a position?: Project
I currently have: Not applicable
Required availability: As needed
Required platforms: Android
I need to: Modify an existing app
App type: e-Shop
Back-end is required: No
Payment gateway: No