• Solid knowledge of relational database concepts and working experience with storage systems and architectures.
• Advanced level of experience with MariaDB or MySQL database administration and replication topologies at scale.
• Proficiency in SQL.
• Decent programming language/scripting skills and experience managing software using relational databases at large scale.
• 3+ years experience in an dba/sre/operations/devops role as part of a team.
• Experience with high traffic and highly available website architectures and operations.
• Advanced knowledge of Linux and IO/data storage concepts, internals and troubleshooting.
• Experience with Open Source configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc.), As well as modern observability infrastructure (Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, Logstash/Kibana, Icinga/Nagios, etc.)
• Experience with managing remotely both bare-metal servers and virtualized environments.
• Strong English language skills.
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, as an effective part of a globally distributed team, including ticket tracking systems and asynchronous communication tools.
• B.S. Or M.S. In Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Experience with lamp stack technologies (php/hhvm, memcached/redis, mysql) - mediawiki experience is a definite plus.
• Experience with advanced distributed storage and database systems (Swift, Ceph, Cassandra, etc.) Or graph databases (Titan, Blazegraph, etc.) Is a big plus.
• Experience in architecture, design, and implementation of persistent data storage & query infrastructure.
• A strong track record of open source contributions is a major plus.
English - Fully-fluent
About the organization(s)
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects.
Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
Categoría: Programación y Tecnología
Subcategoría: Programación Web
¿Cuál es el alcance del proyecto?: Crear un nuevo sitio personalizado
¿Es un proyecto o una posición?: Un proyecto
Actualmente tengo: Tengo las especificaciones
Disponibilidad requerida: Según se necesite
Integraciones de API: Otros (Otras APIs)
Roles necesarios: Programador