• 3+ years experience in an SRE/Operations/DevOps role as part of a team.
• Experience with managing geographically distributed, highly available, high-traffic infrastructure based on JVM / Linux.
• Working understanding of garbage collection, Java logging frameworks and JMX.
• Comfortable with Open Source configuration management and orchestration tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc.)
• Experience with the use, and configuration of, monitoring, metrics and logging infrastructure (Icinga/Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite, Logstash/Kibana, etc.)
• Comfortable with shell and scripting languages used in an SRE/Operations engineering context (Python, Go, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
• Comfortable with managing remotely bare-metal servers and virtualized environments.
• Aptitude for automation and streamlining of tasks.
• Strong English-language skills and ability to work independently, as an effective part of a globally distributed team.
• B.S. Or M.S. In Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Track record of open source contributions is a major plus.
• Experience with Elasticsearch.
• Experience with graph databases.
• Low level systems troubleshooting and debugging (CPU/memory profiling, C/C++ experience, in-depth Linux knowledge)
English - Fully-fluent
About the organization(s)
• The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects.
• Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
• The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
Categoría: Programación y Tecnología
Subcategoría: Programación Web
¿Cuál es el alcance del proyecto?: Crear un nuevo sitio personalizado
¿Es un proyecto o una posición?: Un proyecto
Actualmente tengo: Tengo las especificaciones
Disponibilidad requerida: Según se necesite
Integraciones de API: Otros (Otras APIs)
Roles necesarios: Programador