BAYER / MERCK SHARP & DOHME S.A. de C.V., Mexico City 2010–2015
Mexico-based manufacturing and distribution division of Bayer/Merck global pharmaceutical organization.
Trade & Shopper Marketing Manager / Trade Marketing Manager-Merck Consumer Care
Drove trade marketing efforts to increase product demand at wholesaler, retailer, and distributor levels. Managed strategic planning, campaign development, and product positioning. Developed shopper marketing strategies to create more effective sales channel execution models. Created communications, strategies, and packaging programs to influence shopper behavior.
• Created and implemented MCC business model in Mexico that focused on POS execution using salesforce.com.
• Acted as Salesforce.com Implementation Leader for Mexico; implementing new automated salesforce.com CRM system that later became companywide global model.
• Restructured territory sales forces; managed territory, district, and headcount planning.
• Drove brand strategies into POS, POP, and sales demo materials based on brand seasonality.
• Developed bundle packs for Point of Sale (POS) and shrink-wrap promotions.
• Led growth plans with customers - Flu Season with Comex + Clorox, 4way at WM and Expo Isseg.
• Developed virtual university training model for salesforce and sales demo girls.
RECKITT BENCKISER S.A. de C.V., Mexico City 2009–2010
Reckitt Benckiser Group plc is a multinational consumer goods company headquartered in Berkshire, England; producer of health, hygiene, and home products.
Trade Marketing Junior Manager-Vanish, Woolite & Planchytex
Devised strategic plans to increase Vanish's distribution and penetrate wholesales channel. Oversaw all promotional efforts for new product launches, and drove relaunch plans for Woolite, Planchytex brands. Led efforts to resolve brand-related all issues efficiently.
• Generated 8% sales increase for Vanish through TV campaigns, strategic POS execution, and distribution increase.
• Played key role in Trade Marketing efforts; revamped role and function definitions for department.
RECKITT BENCKISER S.A. de C.V., Trade Marketing Junior Manager, cont’d
• Implemented strategic quarterly sales plan that reduced obsolete products by 80%.
• Developed and implemented new market penetration plans for Woolite & Planchytex.
• Served as Savings and Expenses Committee's Coordinator at national level.
DANONE DE MEXICO S.A. DE C.V., Mexico City 2007–2009
Danone de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. manufactures and distributes dairy products including yoghurt, fresh cheeses, cream, and other dairy products.
Trade Marketing Chief, Activia
Charged with developing new sales channels for new Activia yoghurt products; led Trade Marketing team efforts for brand. Developed and expanded supplier base to add value to Trade Marketing activities.
• Established, developed, and executed strategic go-to-market plans; developed and implemented “affordability” plans to target national market.
• Developed and rolled-out corporate campaigns: Belt-tightening in January Hit Sales (January-March), Movies 2 x 1 (April-May), Danone Summer (June-July), Danone Summer Groceries (August), Back to School (September), and Christmas Promotion (November-December).
• Instituted new shipping control system for national sales force; created manuals to improve field sales execution; established work plans, methodologies, and operation manuals for Trade Marketing team.
• Created and rolled-out plan to counter2009 crisis, and developed new communication strategy for Activia launches.
• Boosted POP activation by implementing new processes and department upgrades to increase effectiveness.
• Introduced new competitors' activity follow-up system to prevent and plan market actions.
UNILEVER MEXICO S.A. DE C.V., Mexico City 2005–2007
Mexico-based division of Unilever, British-Dutch multinational consumer goods company; products include food, beverages, cleaning agents, and personal care products.
Customer Marketing Coordinator (Knorr-2006/2007), (AdeS & Lipton-2006), Maizen-Pronto-2005)
Created and executed strategic plans to grow assigned brands; coordinated new product, promotional, and special events activities. Identified opportunities to optimize consumer-product relationships. Conducted in-depth competitor analysis.
• Boosted Ades sales 40% to 60% by developing 360º activation at supermarkets, shopping malls, school and offices.
• Implemented 2006 AdeS incentive plans for sales force and promoters, created work plan for wholesales channel, and developed 4 special designs for AdeS brand targeting supermarkets channel.
• Implemented Loyalty Program "El Cliente Amigo Knorr" brand's traditional channel.
• Developed "Es la hora de comer, la hora de aletear" national campaign for Knorr.
• Drove Knorr products to 96% market share, and rescued brand from going into losses.
• Drove 9% increase in Maizena-Pronto sales by introducing 2005 Sales Competition; boosted brand awareness through strategic trade marketing efforts.
EARLY CAREER HISTORY
• Marketing & Bonus Points Coordinator, American Express, Mexico City, 2004-2005
• Marketing & Sales Coordinator, 3M México S.A. de C.V., Mexico City, 2002-2004
• Activity Coordinator, Entertainment & Travel S.A. (X-Camp), State of Mexico, 2000-2001