* Visualiza (Information Technology and Services)
* W3C (Internet): Building semantic technologies for a better Web experience in science
* LINKatu (Research): #opensource #opendata #openaccess #semanticweb
* Experimental Serendipity S.L. (Information Technology and Services): We work with companies who want to get more value from their information. We help them develop new ways to manage, analyze and visualize their information.
We are currently working in different web 2.0 related projects, including the Elsevier Grand Challenge (http://www.elseviergrandchallenge.com
) and the Webservices BioHackaton (http://hackathon2.dbcls.jp/)
* Universidad de Granada (Research): I am currently finishing my PhD studies in the genome Alhambra group (http://genome.ugr.es/)
, within the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Department. My thesis is focused in developing new data mining techniques for analysis and visualization in biomedicine..
* Fundación Ayuda en Acción (Nonprofit Organization Management): Coordinador Grupo de Voluntarios de Pamplona
* IMAGINA BIOTEK (Information Technology and Services): I am in charge of the technical direction and research project coordination at this bioinformatics start-up company. We take part in different joint research projects at national and european levels, with cancer and neurological diseases being some of our main collaboration topics with the Universitary Hospital and the University of Navarra.
Specialties: bioinformatics, scientific data management systems (LIMS,LIS,HIS,ELN), data mining, big data, open data, SOA, information architecture, visual design, project management, team building,
* LabWare (Computer Software) [desde 6/2012]: Implementing LIMS in Contract Laboratories, Forensic labs, Biobanks, etc
* IE BUSINESS SCHOOL (Higher Education) [desde 6/2011]: Teaching Quantitative Data Analysis at the Master in Environmental Global Change
* Integromics S.L. (Biotechnology) [desde 10/2008]: I have led the development, from inception to implementation, of a microarray data analytics product based on the TIBCO Spotfire platform (http://www.integromics.com/IBD.php)
and a laboratory and clinical data management system based on the Apache Cocoon framework and other Java technologies such as Xindice or JMaki.
* EBI (Research) [desde 11/2007]: I worked in the External Services Group, which is part of the IT Services Department, where I lead the migration of the EBI databases and applications infrastructure to a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA). I was involved in the development of the new unified website and the new search engine EB-Eye. My daily work included modelling, design and software development. Also I was responsible for the web infrastructure (Apache and Tomcat servers). This position also involved training and dissemination tasks related to EBI services in courses, workshops, conferences, etc.
* Universidad Pública de Navarra (Higher Education) [desde 6/2005]: I taught different subjects related to Digital Signal Processing for Telecommunication Engineering students and Computer Science and Programming for Civil Engineers. I was also the coordinator of the research line in bioinformatics in the Health Sciences School.
* CEIT (Research) [desde 2002]: Digital Signal Processing for Communications