Founder and Designer (October 2015 - To Date)
Carpas Cuevita BF, c.a.
Carpas Cuevita was born from an idea on the way home. It is a small family business that manufactures children's play tents and indoor camping accessories. Today it offers its star product which is the personalized teepee tent, along with a variety of accessories to accompany the games. It has more than 4K followers on its social networks and has manufactured numerous tents, mainly for Venezuela’s customers but also for 8 other different countries.
Main job scope: Designing and manufacturing of all products. Managing of social networks of the brand for marketing/sales purposes. Preparing advertising graphic pieces and custom sketches of each order. Pre and post-sale customer care services. Budgeting control.
- Turned the idea into a sustainable company in the first 6 months of operation.
- Interviewed by journalists at three of the country's most important radio stations, with quality recognitions.
- Reference leader in the field of play teepee tents for children in Venezuela.
- Optimization of the purchase process through an online questionnaire.
Design and UX Lead (March 2014 - April 2016)
Reengineering and Product Innovation Department. Telefonica Venezolana, c.a.
Telefónica Venezolana: Telefonica is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world in terms of market capitalization and number of customers. The company has a significant presence in 21 countries and a customer base that amounts more than 341 million of voice or data access points around the world.
Main job scope: Creating prototypes and pilots to digitally test products and services with real customers or digital audiences. Installing and implementing agile test and development processes, including the team’s different technical disciplines using the Lean-Six-Sigma and Lean Startup methodologies. Seeking the protection of the brand in the development of new products designed for the local market.
- Implemented 3 internal workshops with a range of 9 different digital products. Receiving the recognition APLAUSO for the creation of logos and promotion videos for all nine products. APLAUSO is a program that awards the extraordinary work of an employee or team to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Took the leadership in the Innolab (Innovation Laboratory of Telefonica Venezolana) being able to breakthrough the way of conceptualizing products, focusing on discovering the needs of our clients.
- Implemented the creation process of UX for designers of the area. Recognition received for the 3D Program (Telefonica's fresh corporate strategy, which follows the Discover, Disrupt and Deliver order)
- Created the Ideas Lean-Six-Sigma and Lean Startup workshops for team members.
Design and User Experience Coordinator (June 2011-March 2014)
Virtual Channel Department. Telefonica Venezolana, c.a.
Main job scope: Improving and expanding of existing virtual channels through the development of a new user experience interface. Designing and maintaining of the new self-management website so it can be properly viewed across all mobile devices. Designing the flow of Movistar App (Telefonicas’ commercial brand) to ensure smooth, eye-friendly navigation through various screens for iOS, Android and BlackBerry operating systems. Planning development monitoring of quality activities under the SCRUM paradigm as an agile development methodology.
- Redesigned the online self-management portal and corporate portal, reducing call center calls by 30%. Received a recognition for layout, speed and quality in the designs for portals in the face of the BRAVO Program, pillar Agil (a three-year strategic plan that aims to make Telefonica the best global communications company in the digital world).
- Launched the Movistar Venezuela App. Within the first two days since it was launched, it reached number one on the download chart in Venezuela.
- Supported Wayra (Telefonica’s Startup Accelerator) team to elaborate the brochure of the first Wayra Demo Day 2012: recognition for contribution to the pillar Cultura of the BRAVO program.
- Launched of Moviltalk (Movistar service that works just like a walkie talkie from your mobile): recognition for contribution to the pillar Oferta of the BRAVO program.
Project Coordinator (May 2010 - June 2011)
Portals Department. Telefonica Venezolana, c.a.
Main job scope: Working on a team to create the front-end design for the new L & F of the corporate site as a result of strong creative ability, appropriate style diversity, unique solutions, and flawless high quality execution standards. Updating current website from basic html to HTML5 and CSS3 protocols, following all web compliant standards so that the website worked across all browsers.
- Branding changed for web portals movistar.com.ve and telefonica.com.ve: recognition for contributions to the pillar Cliente of the BRAVO program.
Web Designer (November 2009 - May 2010)
Hired by Grupo SMS for Portals Department. Telefonica Venezolana, c.a.
Main job scope: Online layout designing for former and new mipunto.com site sections, digital products, and services. Creating email blast layouts, animating online publicity banners and content actualizations.
Project Analyst, Graphic Designer (July 2007 - October 2009)
Hired by Servicios RH for Portals Department. Telefonica Venezolana, c.a.
Main job scope: Managing two main redesign projects, working as team member, meeting project deadlines, presenting final layouts to team for approval, developing graphic design concepts for online publicity, contests and content diagraming.
Graphic Designer (January 2006 - July 2007)
Main job scope: Creating digital pieces for online publicity on different formats: Flash animations, static compositions or photo editing. E-reader layout redesign for three most important Venezuelan newspapers sites: El-Nacional.com, Tal Cual.com and UltimasNoticias.com.
Web Design Intern (May 2005 - October 2005)
Telcel, ca. (currently Telefonica Venezolana, c.a.)
Main job scope: Preparing and creating power point presentations, template slides, organizing presentations for printing. Creating HTML and CSS sheets to actualize content. Designing banners, email blasts and printing materials.