01-2012/Present Advanced Technical Support Engineer, Symantec Corporation
Advanced Level 2 support for Backup Exec application on data recovery for in depth troubleshooting in Linux/Unix base systems, Oracle Database, NDMP based backups and restores, Deduplication Storage Folder and OST devices:
Deduplication Backup and Recovery:
- Performance Troubleshooting and Debugging analysis on Backup Exec Deduplication folders.
- Disaster Recovery of Deduplication Folder and OST files.
- Disk configuration and Management on RAID’s, NAS’, SAN’ and regular physical drives.
Oracle Database Administration:
- User rights and permissions for Oracle Database access on backup and restore.
- Configuration of RMAN based scripts and debug reading on output from logs.
- Installation on Linux/Unix servers and Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers
- Snapshot handling and administration
- 3-way backup support configuration
- Creation of Users and permissions to access file level backups
- IPTables knowledge for network troubleshooting.
05-2010/01-2012 Technical Support Analyst, Symantec Corporation
Backup and Recovery administrator for Servers using Backup Exec application. Main focus on disaster recovery scenarios for Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 servers on United States clients and EMEA English speaking customers. Support is provided for major corporations and Small Business with knowledge on:
VMware management and recovery:
- Distribution of Datastore and .VMDK files
- Assigning Rights and permissions for Users in ESX 4.0/5.0
- Cleanup of Snapshots and Creation of Dev environments.
- Configuration of iSCSI pass-through on Virtual Servers with Hardware attached (Robotic Libraries)
Networking and Administration:
- Windows Server 2003 and Windows server 2008 performance troubleshooting
- Port availability tests and firewall configuration for data transfer
- Bandwith usage and connectivity test using App Critical tool.
- Active Directory group/member configuration
- Cloning Users
- Grant user rights and permissions for Exchange 2003/2007/2010
- Exchange 2010 Mailbox installation and distribution for data protection
- Troubleshooting errors on ESE and Microsoft Writers.
- Mount and dismount mailbox databases
- Creation of Recovery Storage Group
Hardware and Storage Maintenance:
- Robotic Library error troubleshooting
- NAS and SAN space management and distribution
- OST device configuration for regular Backup to disk or Deduplication
10-2008/01-2009 Oracle DBA Junior, ITConvergence
Oracle 9i engine and 10g engine core trainee on creation, maintenance, and RMAN recovery using SQL and SQLPLUS on an Unix environment. Junior knowledge and trained on the following Oracle Database information Oracle:-RMAN Back up and Recovery-Tables-Indexes- 10g Features (SGA Target, AWR)-Tablespace Management-Datafile Management.
04-2008/05-2010 Desktop Engineer, Teleperformance
The Desktop Engineer reports directly to the Desktop Manager. Desktop Engineers report indirectly to their regional Lead Desktop Engineers on scheduling and other technical or non-technical issues. The Desktop Engineer’s first point of contact is their assigned Lead Desktop Engineer.
Desktop Engineer duties include:
• All aspects of LAN-based networking at the supported call center(s)
• Installing all computer hardware and software at the supported call center(s)
• Assisting in the creation, updating and management of software drive images
• Maintaining and installing voice systems to support call-flow; usually limited to cabling, phones, headsets and any software needs
• Cabling new and existing locations for new network, phone or other equipment
• Repairing or upgrading computer systems as needed
• Working with customers, project managers and trainers on correct usage of software and hardware
• Working with customers, project managers, supervisors and sometimes agents on specific problems related to computers and phone systems
• Providing Tier 1-2 level support on technical issues
• Any other duties that the Desktop Manager or Lead Desktop Engineer may find necessary
11-2005/03-2008 Supervisor, Teleperformance
2005-2006 Sales Supervisor, Dell Project.
I was responsible for a team of 16 to 20 agents. I was in charge of distributing any changes/information about the project towards the agents; these changes were planned or possibly some unexpected changes with greater movement. Also I maintained a strong presence in the floor by showing the agents their sale objectives day by day, and motivating them through contests and small awards.
2006-2007 Technical Support Supervisor, Vonage Project.
I was in charge of a group of 18 to 21 agents. The priorities were to maintain and to exceed the quality of the calls towards the existing clients of the company to satisfy their necessities and to solve technical problems with routers and adapters of IP telephone services. In charge of maintaining the agents with the last changes of adapters and technology movements, that enhanced the use of the telephone equipment and service.
2007-2008 (Present) Sales Supervisor, Vonage Project.
Supervisor responsible for 18 to 25 agents, for the sales department of telephone service over IP, created by the Vonage Company. In charge of motivation for sales agents and control of quality of the calls to offer the correct service to the client; without increasing or encouraging risk of cancellation. Maintaining the agents with continuous knowledge of telephone technology IP and use of routers and telephone lines to instruct and answer the customer’s need. I was the best supervisor of the project of sales in September 2007 and my team surpassed the objective for that month of sales by calls.