SOFTWARE ENGINEERING / PROGRAMMING / SYSADMIN / BPM / IT MANAGEMENT
An IT Consultant of 12 years of extensive expertise in IT services development and management, taking
advantage of Business Process Management (BPM), Software Oriented to Architecture (SOA) and Object
Oriented Design Methodologies.
I’m interested in development of applications using frameworks and platforms like React JS, Angular JS,
Android, iOS, Swift, Objective-C, etc.
8/1/2015 TO 5/31/2017 Creategia (startup) Mexico City
IT ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
Build, maintain and provide support to web/mobile applications for Small and Middle Size Enterprises using frameworks
and SDK’s like Ionic, Angular, Google Maps, Sqlite, etc. The detailed activities include:
• Directs the development and implementation of the technology plan for the startup and formulates regular
updates to the plan.
• Communicates and promotes technology plans to the associates of the startup.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Manages and oversees the development, implementation, installation and operation of information systems.
• Directs all computer operations, scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions. Develops, maintains
and tests disaster recovery plans and procedures with the assistance of staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including responding to an emergency event.
2/4/2014 TO 5/29/2015 Visa Inc. / CyberSource Mexico City
TECHNICAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Responsible for managing the technical aspects for the merchants’ implementations on the CyberSource side, and assist
in ensuring that the merchants’ integrations are functioning optimally. Assist with a merchant’s initial launch of
CyberSource products and services, and also responsible for driving the merchant relationship after the initial
implementation. In case that a merchant finds any CyberSource related concerns, the responsibility is to address the issue,
or help drive the incident to a resolution. Detailed activities:
• Act as primary technical point of contact for a portfolio of merchants and partners, addressing any technical
challenges or payment questions a merchant that may arise.
• Manage merchant escalations until the issues have been resolved.
• Manage new merchant implementations and provide consultative payment guidance.
• Educate merchants on how new CyberSource products and functionalities may contribute to their business
• Monitor accounts to ensure optimal transaction performance.
• Advocate product enhancement requests with the cross-functional teams.
• Lead product trainings and perform merchant business reviews as needed.
• Build deep product knowledge in CyberSource products and services.
• Partner with Sales to build relationships with technical and business contacts across merchant account
• Engage merchants in face to face meetings.
5/1/2012 TO 5/10/2013 Softtek / SAT (SHCP) Mexico City
Advise and lead the management/technical staff to achieve the challenging requirement of SAT (Tax Administration
Service, the federal treasury institution in Mexico), to maintain and support the critical macro-project applications,
composed by critical applications. The responsibilities were as below:
• Build and consolidate a high-performance technical team integrated by experts in diverse and cutting edge
technologies; creating a common platform to achieve business vision and strategy and meeting customer
• Plan and drive successfully the software maintenance process, in line with stakeholder’s vision and using
project management methodologies. The maintenance covers different categories including corrective
changes, adaptive changes, perfective changes and preventive maintenance for BPM process, web services
and data base model.
• Developed and delivered an IT infrastructure/provisioning, for a high-availability and multi-platform solution,
implemented as a clone of the client environment (SAT). This environment includes diverse platforms like IBM
Websphere Middleware Suite (Application/Integration/MQ/Broker/BPM/Ilog ), JackBe (frontend), Oracle
(backend), EMC Documentum (content management). Also the environment involves different programming
and Bash Scripting.
3/1/2010 TO 4/30/2012 HP / SAT (SHCP) Mexico City
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Technical leader contributing to the design, architecture and development of SAT macro-project applications, composed
by: “Settlement Refunds and Compensations”, “Reporting and Verifying” and “Tax Control”. The main responsibilities
• Drive successfully the software development process, in line with HP standards and vision, using project
management methodologies. The development covers different stages which could be reduce to strategy, plan,
design, documentation, development and testing. The software delivery process included a revision of source
code consistency and provides a continuous integration environment. The application involves SOA
architecture and some other ETL components.
• The day to day activities include web service development (J2EE), server configurations (Websphere Suite),
application configurations (MQ, Spring, EJB, etc.), deployment, object/relational mappings (Hibernate), code
inspections (style, potential bugs) and release deliverable artifacts.
• Contribute to deliver a stable version of User Acceptance Test environment, achieving customer satisfaction
and the acceptance of applications.
7/1/2008 TO 2/26/2010 HSBC Technology and Services Metepec, Edo. De Mex.
Technology leader for HSBC Technology Services focusing in on time and high quality deliverables, providing excellent
service as part of the Internet Banking frontend team for Latin-American, working in a fast, challenging and diverse
environment. The main responsibilities were as below:
• Working in on time, critical and high business risk implementations for HSBC Bank applications for Chile,
Paraguay and Colombia, in a customer facing role; achieving high quality deliverables.
• Expert in enterprise architecture and in software components for Banking application, contributing to build and
propose solutions for the different client requirements. The platform involved J2EE, JMS, Websphere Suite,
Spring, Java Server Faces, Struts, EJB’s, etc.
• Communicating with global teams across various frontend, middleware and backend component suppliers in
Canada, US, Brazil, India and China, building a platform to negotiate and influence in the solutions.
• Deployment management for a wide range of applications, defining and redefining deployment strategy using
technologies like MKS, Maven and TeamSite, achieving a minimum impact in production environments.
• Experience in development and enhancement of software components for Internet Banking application using
technologies like Rational Application Developer, Websphere MQ, Websphere Portal Server, Java, Portlets,
JSF, Spring, etc.
4/1/2008 TO 6/30/2008 Telefonica Movistar Mexico City
Provide solutions for the platform and implementation of the Number Portability System of the firm. The main
• Validate platform/infrastructure for the Number Portability System of the firm in line with Oracle standards,
consolidating the production environment. This environment includes Web servers and an Oracle RAC (Real
• Design the integration test, stress test and security test of pre-productive platform for the Number Portability
System of the firm.
4/1/2003 TO 3/31/2008 UNAM – School Administration Center Mexico City
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR /NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR / SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Web application developer and system/network administrator. The main responsibilities were:
• Developed and delivered an IT infrastructure/provisioning for the University, including setup
and support of clusters with Solaris 9/10 operating systems and Sybase databases.
• Setup, configuration and support of web server infrastructure and directory services (LDAP).
• Provide security artifacts and provisioning, using OpenBSD platform; strengthening security
infrastructure for critical services.
• Planning, design and implementation of the institutional email system of the University, a
powerful email system for 300,000 users.
• Develop and support school administration applications, using development platforms such
as J2EE, C++, PHP, C, etc.
• Train and supervise a team of system/network administrators.
2001 T0 2005 UNAM – University of Mexico Mexico City
GRADUATE DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
- SUN CERTIFIED DEVELOPER FOR THE JAVA 2 PLATFORM. 26/Apr/2008
- SUN CERTIFIED PROGRAMMER FOR THE JAVA 2 PLATFORM 1.4. 31/Mar/2006
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, COURSES AND CONGRESSES
- IBM PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM:
BPM V8 workshop - BPM hands on & governance 60 hrs; Oct/2012
- NETEC, WORLD TRADE CENTER MEXICO:
Certified Java Expert 2nd. Semester Sep/2005 - Feb/2006
- ACADEMIC COMPUTING CENTER, UNIVERSITY OF MEXICO:
Building interactive web applications with AJAX 40 hrs; Oct/2007
Security in UNIX systems 30 hrs; Feb/2007
Building Firewalls with OpenBSD 30 hrs; Nov/2006
Building and use of XML documents 20 hrs; Sep/2006
Develop of web applications with Java JSPs and SERVLETs 40 hrs; Apr/2006
Programming with Visual Basic .NET 40 hrs; Nov/2005
Network security technologies 20 hrs; Mar/2005
Programming Language with Java 40 hrs; Dic/2003
Use of the SYBASE database manager 30 hrs; Jun/2003
COMPUTER SECURITY CONGRESSES (WORKSHOPS):
Monitoring the perimetral security Jun/2007
Email agents May/2005
TALENT AND TOOLS