Engineering Manager – July 2014 – Present, CAMERON VENEZOLANA, S.A
- Work with District Sales Managers, Account Managers and Sales Administration with assessing customer requirements and making recommendations of a competitive offering while meeting technical requirements.
- Process Owner for New Product Development process, EWR process (Engr Work Requests), Product Qualification and project schedules.
- Assignation of work activities and EWRs to Engineers.
- Collaboration with Engineering departments, developing EWRs for other Cameron locations.
- Engineering Performance Indicators management.
- Technical presentations to customers of proposed Surface Systems solutions for specific application with the objective of differentiating Surface Systems product line from the competition and enhancing the value proposition of the solution.
- Review and designs, drawings, specifications approval, of existing or new technology or applications. Ensuring
that assignments meets standards and performance requirements.
- Development of unique solutions for complex technical problems that may include the design of new systems or the development of solutions having few or no precedents.
- Mentoring and development of direct reports to increase technical knowledge and encourage professional career development.
- Leading and participation in design reviews during the product development phase.
- Give support strategic and tenders with additional technical write up in line with the overall proposal strategy
- Preparation of documentation, information, communications and engineering specifications, ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
- Checking the work of drafters, designers and less experienced engineers.
- Participation in setting objectives for projects.
- Leadership in product standardization projects.
Product Engineer - June 2010 – June 2014, CAMERON VENEZOLANA, S.A
- Design and development of new products for the Oil & Gas Industry: Surface Wellheads, Valves, Hangers, Integral Blowout Preventers (BOP), seals, Hydraulic Connectors for Subsea applications, Solid Master Block
Valve, Multi bowl Systems Wellheads, Fast Connect Wellheads, Quick Connect Wellheads, Thermal Wellheads, and more.
- Design of equipment for the Oil & Gas industry, proposals to national and international customers on new projects drilling and completion of wells.
- Development of structural calculations using the Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using ANSYS software.
- Design and development of tools and devices for Manufacturing Processes (Fixture devices, lifting devices and machining tools) under 3D CAD modeling using Autodesk Inventor software.
- Design and Development Engineering for making Guards to boring machine, under ASME standards.
- Design and Development of Safety Devices (Lifting devices and transportation).
- Design and Development of Test Devices.
- Engineering statistics reports, related to projects designed and developed.
- Creation of new part numbers for each equipment designed and developed, and their respective allocation in the SAP System for Surface Division and Artificial Lift Division.
- Identification and implementation of improvements in cycle time and cost reduction through Lean Six Sigma philosophy through the development of Value Engineering Projects.
CNC Programmer - December 2010 – August 2011, CAMERON VENEZOLANA, S.A
(Shared activities with the Engineering Department during the period December 2010 - August 2011)
- Development of machining programs for new and repair equipment such as wellheads, valves, BOP's, Hangers, among others, in CNC Numerical Control Machines (Boring, Milling Machines and Lathes) using EdgeCam and SmartCam software.
- Design and Development drawings for Pre-machining of wellheads, valves, BOP's, Hangers, among others.
- Design and development of fixtures devices for machining parts.
- Definition of the total manufacturing process of wellheads, valves, BOP's, hangers, Christmas Trees, Running Tools, among other equipment for high and low pressure of Surface and Subsea.
- Identification and implementation of improvements in cycle time and cost reduction through Lean Six Sigma philosophy.
Project Advisor - May 2010 – September 2012, INPELUZ (Oil Research Institute of Zulia University)
- Participation in the design of a test chamber for shaped charges, to simulate the influx of oil through of perforation made for the shaped charge in the casing.
- Three-dimensional modeling of the test chamber for shaped charges, using Pro/Engineer Wildfire.
- Development of manufacturing drawings and raw materials drawings for the test chamber for shaped
- Development of calculations using the Finite Element Analysis (FEA) using ANSYS software to simulate the test chamber for shaped charges.
- Development of analysis reports finite element calculations to validate the final design.
Internship - April 2008 – September 2008, FMC Technologies, S.A
- Development of preventive maintenance programs.
- Development of work orders for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Development of isometric drawings of electrical installation and water installation of the facility.
- Collaboration in the 5S program development for the company.
- Implementation of the 5S in the maintenance department.