National Telecommunications Commission (Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones-CONATEL) Asunción/Paraguay:
• From 09/Set/13 to 13/Set/15 Administrative and Finance Manager, Finance Advisor from 14/Set/15 to 11/Aug/16, of the CONATEL, responsible for the administrative management of the assets of the entity and its financial resources, by tracking the portfolio collections, verification of the use of vehicles, office supplies, checks and balances of banks balances, contractual balance controls, inventory control, management reports to the Directors, Ministry of Finance and Comptroller related to Assets/Liabilities, bank reconciliations, allowances granted, budget control, annual budget preparation, follow-up of observations made by internal and external auditors.
UN Women – Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean/Panamá
Operations Manager a.i., Sep'12-Mar'13 / Operations Analyst Apr'13-Jul'13 Asunción/Paraguay
• Member of the Regional Center Management Team, together with the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director. Provide leadership and advice on all aspects of office management and operations. This includes strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, ICT and common services, consistent with UN and UN Women rules and regulations and also act as the Security Focal Point.
• Ensure the smooth functioning and results oriented management of operations in the Regional Center and to facilitate program implementation and delivery by providing for the operational needs of programs and projects managed by the Region, the Country Offices (COs) & Multi-Country Offices (MCOs) within the region. Provide feedback to the Division of Management and Administration on operational aspects in order to improve corporate operational procedures so they become compatible with regional needs. Ensure compliance with IPSAS accounting standards by reviewing business processes and systems.
• Lead, guide, and support the Operations staff in the RC and the COs/MCOs in the region through a matrix reporting system and foster collaboration within the team, program staff, other UN Agencies, and stakeholders, and ensure a consistent client-oriented approach. Work in close collaboration with program and project teams in the office, operations staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women HQ staff and other stakeholders to successfully deliver operations services.
• Monitor the implementation of advances of funds given to beneficiaries of projects in the office of Paraguay.
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Financial Advisor for Latin America and the Caribbean Region, Jun 2010 - Sept 2012
• Assist the UNOPS Regional Office in Panama training staff of finance sections and perform financial and budget control of projects and administrative budgets corresponding to the ten country offices in the region with an execution of May 2010 - May 2012 of USD 760 Million.
• Acted as the focal point for the closure of projects, closing financially 90 projects in year 2011 and 38 in year 2012.
Ad Hoc Finance Manager of UNOPS Office in Lima/Peru, Jan 2012 - Jun 2012
• Monthly missions from Asuncion to Lima to establish systems for accounts reconciliations of project expenditures, follow up of activities, provide support and training to finance staff in finance/budgets control and report to donors, provide financial and budgetary information to the Peru Country Director and Regional Director located in Panama.
Financial Management Officer, Panama, Nov 2007 - April 2010
• Provide financial and budget control for an execution of USD 806 Million. Provided interpretation of financial policies and guide staff in the Region of Latin America and the Caribbean on corporate financial policies, initiatives, or standard operating procedures. With operations in Haiti, El Salvador, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panamá, Colombia, Perú, Argentina and Uruguay.
• Responsible for developing and conducting corporate Financial training to staff within the Region including, if required, direct financial training to government entities or client organizations, to ensure a standard appreciation and understanding of UNOPS financial framework and requirements.
• Provide direct support and advice to Regional Office and UNOPS portfolio managers during the development and implementation of project acquisition, specifically guide the portfolio managers in ensuring that financial aspects of new business sought can be efficiently implemented by UNOPS and that the financial components of project proposals are in line with corporate UNOPS policies, specifically UNOPS’ activity-based pricing framework.
• Contribute to the effective monitoring and financial performance of projects and to the development of a corporate client reporting tool, ensuring that UNOPS client financial reports are clear and in line with client requirements.
United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Asunción/Paraguay, Jul'94-Oct'07:
• Responsible for the Finance Unit, coordinating and supervising the work of seven finance assistants, in order to ensure the smooth operation of the Paraguay Office in this area. Provide adequate advice to the Resident Representative and Deputy Resident Representative for strategic management of available resources with the aim of attaining the office’s objectives with greater efficiency, quality and cost recovery, in compliance with UNDP’s general rules, regulations and corporate vision.
• As Finance Manager, responsible for the financial control, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger adjustments of 70 projects` portfolio signed by the Government of Paraguay and UNDP, with an annual average execution of USD 25 million for year 2004 to 2006.
• Assist the Resident Representative and the Deputy Resident Representative, in the financial management of the office and its budget strategy. Participate in the design of the office’s resource mobilization strategy.
• Supervise and coordinate the financial reports of projects, financed by the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, taking into account their corresponding rules.
• Supervise the administrative and financial operations in the People Soft ERP in order to ensure compliance with the internal control framework.
• Supervise reconciliations of the bank’s accounts, exchange deals and the control of cash flow. Member of the bank’s signatory panel.
• Coordinate projects audit exercise with external auditors. Analyze auditors’ comments and coordinate the corresponding follow up.
• Participate in the Local Contracts Committee meetings, to analyze procurements/contracts requests over USD 30K and present the corresponding recommendation to the Resident Representative.
Previous Positions Held:
• Finance Manager, Nov 2001 - Oct 2007
• Operations Manager, Jun 2001 - Oct 2001
• Finance Assistant of Program, July 1998 - May 2001
• Finance Assistant of Projects, July 1994 - Jun 1998
Financial Control Assistant / Planning & Financial Control Dept., Sept 1990 - June 1994
• Responsible for managerial financial reports, budget control, reports to Lloyds Bank HQ related to risk weighted assets, profit & loss balance sheet, assets and liabilities, reconciliation of accounts and financial reports to the Central Bank of Paraguay.
• Master in Business Administration, Catholic University “Nuestra Señora de la Asunción” (2001)
• Bachelor in Accounting, National University of Asunción, San Lorenzo/Paraguay (1998)
• CPA AUSTRALIA, assessed the Bachelor in Accounting degree as comparable to accredited Australian tertiary qualifications after analyzing the degree, score transcript and syllabus of the Bachelor in Accounting program, in regards of the ASCO occupation 2211-11 Accountant. CPA Australia file reference 9292367 (2004).
• VETASSESS, australian positive assessment of professional skills as Management Consultant ASCO Code 2294-11, after analyzing the degrees, score transcript and syllabus of the Bachelor in Accounting and Master in Business Administration programs. File Number 05VE012241 (2006).
• Attended many seminars & training workshops (1995 - 2012)
• People Soft ERP/ATLAS user with the profile to approve payments, deals, purchase orders, budgets and Position Manager of the Human Resource Module.
• ICDL Certificate for EXEL, WORD FOR WINDOWS, highly skilled in Excel, Power Point, Explorer and Outlook.
• Spanish, mother language.
• English, IELTS score dated 25/Aug/07 Listening 6, Reading 8, Writing 6, Speaking 5.5. Overall Band Score 6.5.
• Guillermo Muñoz - Regional Chief Auditor/UNDP-Panama. Guillermo.firstname.lastname@example.org. / Tel. 507 3024500.
• Maria Noel Vaeza - Director of Programme Division / UNWOMEN / New York - USA, email@example.com, Tel. 1 6467814400.
• Giuseppe Mancinelli - Deputy Regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean / UNOPS - Panama, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 5073063600.
• Cristiano Ottoni - Regional Operations Manager/UN Women-Panama, email@example.com, Tel. 5073024710
Seminars & training workshops:
• UN Women Atlas Budget & Finance Management Workshop, acted as monitor to finance and programme staff of the Bolivia Country Office. La Paz 21-24/Apr/13.
• UNOPS Finance Practice Group Global Meeting on IPSAS, Copenhagen-Denmark (26-30/III/12).
• UNOPS International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) Computer Based Training Certificates in : Orientation Training, Accrual Basics, Accounting for Property/Plant and Equipment, Accounting for Inventories,, Accounting for Employee Benefits, Accounting for Leases, Accounting for Contingent Liabilities/Assets (2011).
• UNOPS Global Finance Practice Group Retreat, Helsingborg/Sweden (08-11/XII/2009).
• UNOPS Panama Regional Office, workshop to focal points in finance from the Country Offices of the Latin America and the Caribbean Region in budget and financial control and elaboration of financial statements for projects (25-29/V/2009).
• UNOPS Argentina, on the job training and internal control analysis for the implementation of the Atlas Bank Account in the CO (21-24/X/08)
• UNOPS ATLAS Update training and Global Finance meeting, Amman-Jordan (24-28/XI/08)
• UNOPS ATLAS/Imprest LCO Regional Workshop, Lima-Peru (30/VI-4/VII/08)
• UNOPS Haiti, mission to evaluate the evolution of the imprest account and the situation with DPKO projects (22-25/VI/08)
• UNOPS Peru, mission to train PEOC staff in Atlas projects and financial control (11-14/III/08)
• UNOPS Haiti, mission to evaluate the situation of the imprest account and on the job training in Project Financial control given to CO staff (4-8/III/08)
• UNOPS Argentina, on the job training in Project Financial control given to CO staff (26-30/XI/07)
• Regional Finance Workshop (People Soft), Panama/Panamá (2-6/X/06)
• People Soft ERP Training, Tegucigalpa/Honduras (19-23/IX/05)
• Operations and Administration Management Workshop, New York/USA (14-25/VI/04)
• People Soft ERP Training Workshop, Bogota/Colombia (17-21/V/2004).
• People Soft ERP Training in Resource and Finance Management, Panama City (20/X-01/XI/2003)
• Intensive English Training, (6-31/01/03) The New England School of English, Boston/USA. Official TOEFL Score 227 equivalent to 550 in paper test.
• New Financial Markets for Latin America Seminar, (19-21/VI/02) Master in Business Administration Program of the Catholic University.
• Interim Finance Coordinator of UNDP Brazil Country Office in Brasilia, (6-29/V/2002), and in service training of the ERP developed by SAP.
• Member of the Team who performed the Reprofiling (Re-engineering) exercise of the UNDP Uruguay Country Office, Montevideo (9-14/VII/2001).
• UNDP Reprofiling Workshop for the Latin American and the Caribbean Region, UNDP Argentina/Buenos Aires (4-6/VI/2001).
• UNDP Financial Management System Workshop for the Latin American and the Caribbean Region - UNDP Panamá (22-26/I/2001)
• UNDP Administrative and Financial procedures Workshop for the Latin American and the Caribbean Region – UNDP Brazil/Brasilia (8-9/VIII/2000)
• Video conference “Fifth Annual Series on Lessons in Leadership: Strategies to succeed in a changing world”, sponsored by Lessons in Leadership and Fortune magazine, “Universidad del Cono Sur de las Américas” – Asunción 15/XI/2000.
• World Bank Procurements Workshop – Asunción (6-10/III/2000)
• UNDP Financial Management System Workshop for the Latin American and the Caribbean Region – USA/Miami (17-19/XI/1999)
• UNDP Administration Workshop for the Latin American and the Caribbean Region – UNDP Brazil/Brasilia (21-25/IX/1998)
• UNDP Financial Management System Workshop – UNDP Uruguay / Montevideo (15-19/IX/1997)
• UNDP Programme Finance Workshop – UNDP Brazil/Brasilia (26-29/VIII/1996)
• World Bank Projects Workshop - Asunción 1996
• World Bank Disbursements Workshop –- Santiago (Chile) 1995
• Birth date: 24/Nov/1965
• Nationality: Paraguayan
• City/Country of Residence: Asunción/Paraguay