* BBC (Broadcast Media): • Acting as the Technical Leader for the Trigger Publisher API work in Red Button 2020 (RB2020) where I was responsible for designing the solution, allocating work out to other developers and acting as primary liaison. Occasionally I had to decide how my time should be split either coding and fix issues quickly (especially on complex problems), spent time helping others, or communicating project status.
• Technically leading a team of 7 engineers to design, develop and deliver cloud based broadcast systems for interactive data playout (including red button services) across multiple platforms (Freeview, FreeSat, Sky and Virgin Media).
• Technologies include: Deployment target: AWS, load-balanced autoscaling EC2 instances, SNS, SQS, S3.
• Platform: Java 8, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, DynamoDB.
* BBC (Broadcast Media): • Currently working in the Connected Red Button team at the BBC – a very agile team that encourages practices such as pair programming, code reviews, TDD, and BDD.
• The Connected Red Button is a service from the BBC that brings TV, online and BBC iPlayer together in the simplest way possible on the living room TV. It offers a world of extra programmes and features without having to leave the current programme.
• During the CRB Coexistence project I was influential in the delivery of the feature across multiple platforms, from the initial design to helping the QA team. It was a great challenge due the time constraints and the involved changes of many different components. I participated on the development, design and planning of every single task related to this work. I created two MHEG tools that helped test and provided validation for broadcast changes, and it still used to verify persistent storage on broadcast devices. During rollouts, I improved the monitoring tools and the system alerts to provide quicker / better feedback.
* Visian Systems (Computer Software): VISIAN SYSTEMS provides customised, innovative, cutting edge and quality solutions to our customers from all over the world. It offers a full-cycle software creation, which includes development, analytics, infrastructure, graphic design and testing. All that in a outstanding quality yet cost effective which can be afforded by business owners of all sizes, classes and categories. Our development process is carefully considered to make sure you get the solution you were looking for, assured by a LIVE documentation using BDD techniques. In the end you should have a pixel-perfect design, peerless usability and clean, scalable code.
Deployment target: AWS, load-balanced autoscaling EBS EC2 instances, SES, S3
Platform: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, AngularJS, DynamoDB, MySQL
* O Farol Digital (E-learning)