Newspaper & Magazine Wholesale Distributor Mexico City, Mexico
Controller in Charge
- In charge of payroll.
- Responsible of developing a new financial cash flow. Over the last year the accounts receivable rotation was reduced from 90 days to a 30 days basis.
- Provide accurate advice and support to the CEO in order to help growing the business.
- Create client proposals to gain potential customers. In the last year the company customers showed an increase of 20%.
- Establish internal controls in all business areas. In the last year the losses for lost inventory (magazines) has been reduced in 70% showing an improvement in the process.
- Direction, leadership and supervision provided to all areas.
Limited Brands Co. Boston, MA
- Back stock Audit Support
- Support in monitoring the implementation of key processes.
- Supervision of quality process in the store.
- Support in compliance of internal audit observations.
General Electric Mexico City, Mexico
Senior Accounting Analyst in Charge
- New compliance project delivered on-time by leading cross-functional team. Responsible for the project in Mexico’s office
- Improved accounting process by modifying some key controls that my team identified during the process.
- The accounting process was improved by introducing a new tool in order to keep control of all the accounting entries and to have evidence of each input in a data base that the reporting people needed
- Provide accurate and complete feedback provided on time to the project leaders
- Provide advice and support to all the financial managers of the business divisions to understand the main differences between USGAAP and MXGAAP and the correlation within the system
- Direction, leadership and supervision provided to the team regarding the project’s phases.
Deloitte Mexico City, Mexico
Audit Senior in charge September 2006 – April 2011
- In charge of all audit engagements completed with Audit Planning and Evaluation of risk areas
- All audit engagements completed with Evaluation of Design, Implementation of internal control and test of Operating Effectiveness
- Management Letter with recommendations deliveredto the company in order to improve some processes. This was based on my team’s evaluation and substantive testing of risk areas.
- Efficiency and effectiveness increased in the audit engagements by 2% each year.
- Increase the productivity on the engagement by analyzing the different phases of the audit, so the engagement was 2% more profitable compared with the last year
- Financial statements review and financial statements translation (Spanish – English)
- Review the reconciliation from the CNBV accounting rules to IFRS
- Reporting package review sent to the US Parent companies
- Review and provide advisory services around a private securitization, reviewing the offering memorandum
- Perform a Due Diligence on a Credit Portfolio (credit portfolio reserves methodology and foreclosed assets review)
- Direction, leadership and supervision provided to different teams