Company: Embassy of Colombia in Pretoria (South Africa) – Ministry of Foreign Affairs Administrative Attaché
Position: Administrative Attaché
Period: February 2015 – Present
Functions and achievements:
- Controlling of Embassy’s budget and expenses to make sure the operation runs smoothly.
- Attend all people personally or by telephone, in order to provide information about the procedures and services provided by the Embassy of Colombia in Pretoria.
- Update the Foreign Service Information System- SISE- (Accounting system) and provide administrative assistance in the procedures relating to the payment of salaries to officials
of the Mission and other obligations of the Embassy, in accordance with the procedures and instructions of the Ambassador.
- Collaborate with The Ambassador in the completion of formalities for the conclusion of contracts involving expenditures by the Embassy.
- Periodically review and verify the existence of assets by the Embassy (Residence- Ambassador House) and Foreign Ministry and complete procedures for continuous updating.
Company: Goodyear de Colombia S.A
Position: Andean Financial Planing & Analyst
Period: Junio 2008- December 2014
Functions and achievements:
- I achieved a leading position where I was responsible for the Junior Financial Analyst, likewise I led and coordinated the department when the manager is absent. For four months
(April- July 2011) I was responsible for coordinating the financial planning department in compliance with all the activities of the manager and kept the same quality level of
information. Since joining the company, I was promoted three times, therefore achieving the current position
- Analyzing, preparing, processing and approval of projects and forecasts.
- Permanent coordination with the commercial, marketing and manufacturing area with the purpose to do studies of business and estimates.
- Preparation of management information to support the decisions of the company.
- Preparation of general reports and management indicators by head office.
- Preparation of annual and monthly general budget (Ebit, Cash Flow and Working Capital) comparing and analyzing with the main variance of the final results related with
products, customers and markets which I have presented at management meetings.
- Monitoring and supporting in Working Capital management as well as participating in the project leadership of Negative Working Capital.
- Projection of figures in different scenarios and review of budget execution.
- Direct participation in implementing tools to improve the analysis of results optimizing work time.
- Participation in the approval process of the business made by the sales area through SAP Workflow.
- Permanent training to new local Financial Planning team members and members of the same are afrom Peru, Brazil and Venezuela.
- Participation in the consolidation of financial reporting and coordination of financial planning areas of the Andean Cluster formed by Peru, Chile and Colombia in order to report
to the Latin-American Region.
Company: KPMG Ltd.
Position: Financial Audit Assistant
Period: August 2007 – May 2008
- Participated in the process of Tax audit as financial audit of Banco de Occidente S.A, made revisions of the areas of cash, fixed assets, and goods received as payment.
- Deeper understanding of business and operations processes of the bank, through visits to offices nationwide; in order to evaluate the control of their processes and identifying
opportunities of improvement in each of the areas revised (cash, deposits, loans, collections and risk management system for money laundering).
- Prepared result reports that were presented to the Executive team.
-Structured audit programs focused on risk identification and evaluation of controls.
- Implemented evaluation of portfolio through financial analysis.
Company: Carpas el Tigre Ltda
Period: January- July 2007
- Established strategies that would improve customer service. Streamlined the purchasing and prices process.
- Monitored the waste of materials and time to perform the tasks entrusted to employees.
- Deepened into issues related to personnel management.
- Coordinated export processes.
Company: Colfinanzas S.A.S
Position: Leader Pymes Division
Period: August 2005- December 2006
- Prepared and offered advice and support to small companies in topics relating to financial restructuring and strategic direction.
- Created financial models, and presented them to the manager of financial institutions, in order toprovide information for funding decisions.