We are looking to add to our remote development team to help us scale quickly. Ideally you would be a full stack developer but we are willing to consider frontend and backend specialists as well.
What you will be working on…
We’re working on a project to combine our user-facing web app with our in-house built operations system and automate many processes along the way. We plan to automate even more operations processes so that we can achieve scale and in the medium term, build out mobile apps to connect travellers and Lokayers in real time.
We’ve grown a lot over the past 4 years, and to reach the next level of growth, there’s a lot we need to build on the website and the operations system. We’ve had tours in over 300 cities around the world and revenue was on track to double this year, until COVID-19 put a halt to everyone’s travel plans. We expect that slowly but surely we will all start to travel again so we are using this time to build our platform to prepare for growth.
We’d love to work with someone who:
- Loves to build something new and solve problems
- Pays attention to detail and can strike the right balance between building something quickly and building sustainably for the long term
- Enjoys giving back and making the world a better place. Whether that be through teaching what they know to junior developers, contributions to open source projects or involvement in community organizations and projects
- Is humble and looks to continuously learn and grow as a person
Technical Skills You’ll Need:
- 2+ years experience with broad exposure to different aspects of web development
- Experience with our tech stack (Python/Django for backend, Vue.js for frontend) and Git*
- Backend developers: understanding of software architecture, API design and scalable systems and service-oriented architecture
- Frontend developers: experience in front-end design with internal and external APIs and reusable components to build a scalable user-focused web app, testing
- Bonus Points if you have experience with: AWS, Google Cloud, Gitlab DevOps, Docker and Kubernetes
* If you’re proficient with other frameworks, we expect you would be able to learn these quickly
- Vue.js, html, css, bootstrap on the front-end
- aws / gcp
what we have to offer:
flexibility and autonomy
we’re an early stage startup so you have the opportunity to really shape the team and processes as lokafy grows.
Support and Collaboration
Work with a founder who knows how to code, respects the work you do and the complexities involved. Also work with developers who take pride in what they do and share these values
Work on something that matters
From a technical perspective your work matters since it would be actively used by people around the world. But beyond that, you would be working to create a future where every time someone travels, they not only think about what places they can see, but who they can meet.
By connecting travellers with locals, we’re allowing people to get out of the tourist bubble and see the world from a new perspective. We’re working to bring the world closer together.
How to apply:
Complete this form: lkfy.co/dev
Category IT & Programming
Subcategory Web development
Is this a project or a position? Project
I currently have I have specifications
Required availability Full time
Roles needed Developer
Project duration 3 - 4 months