Our software studio is looking for a reliable and enthusiastic individual developer to join our team (no agencies or teams) initially on a part time basis (24h per week) with the possibility to progress to full time (30 - 40h per week).
Don't worry, we're not looking for decades of experience in all of these, just a reasonable amount of experience in either PHP or Python with at least a basic level of understanding of the other techs. We're happy for you to learn on the job (in fact it's actively encouraged!)
You will ideally need:
- To be able to work and problem solve independently, but also be willing to ask for assistance when necessary (no lone wolves please!)
- To be a good communicator and have a high standard of English - you will need to communicate regularly with the rest of the team on your work via our issue tracking system, will need to be able to read and understand requirements and communicate directly with our clients.
- To be in, or willing to work to the European timezone (EST) so as to be reasonably contactable during our core business hours.
- To have a reasonable level of coding experience with either Python or PHP, ideally in both a web development and scripting environment.
- Experience working with git and to be able to understand and follow the 'Github Flow' working process.
- The ability to manage your own time and prioritise your work accordingly.
- To be able to accurately review a requirement and follow through it's implementation.
- Able to undertake research work and willing to self teach when necessary.
- Be able to follow coding standards as specified.
- Be familiar with automated testing & test driven development.
Bonus points for experience with (please mention these in your response):
- Experience working with at least one popular database server (we use Postgres mainly)
- Django (or a similar Python based framework)
(and we have one project that uses Angular)
- Docker (and compose) / Vagrant
Major bonus points if you're also located in or near Alicante, Spain.
Please also provide code samples if you have them.
You will be working on a wide variety of applications for both web, mobile and desktop so will be able to get your hands dirty with a lot of different tech stacks. We hope that this is a good opportunity for someone like minded to join and further their career with a fast growing business and work with some people who are truly passionate about the code they produce.
I look forward to hearing from you!Category
: IT & ProgrammingSubcategory
: Web developmentIs this a project or a position?
: Long-term positionI currently have
: I have specificationsRequired availability
: Full timeExperience in this type of projects
: Yes (I have managed this kind of project before)API Integrations
: Other (Other APIs)Roles needed