About this project
To begin with we need to scrape rental data from publicly available websites and put it against some other metrics.
Key elements to be considered for this project are:
- previous experience and proof record working with and creating customization for Google Maps
- experience building heatmaps
- ability to put together the front end using framework of your own choice
- experience working with scraping software and knowledge of its limitations
- a "get shit done" attitude
Project flow overview:
1. Extract specific data elements from 2-3 given websites
2. Make sure data parsed based on geo-locations (cities, ZIP codes, neighborhoods)
Extract different data elements from other 1-2 websites that are different from #1
4. Make sure data is parsed by the same geo-locations as in #2
5. Aggregate data from #1 and #3 based on geo-locations from #2 and #4
Implement an algorithm (to be provided) that would evaluate specific metrics based on geo-locations from #2 and #4
7. Present aggregated data set from #5 on Google Maps
8. Create a heatmap of the aggregated results
More detailed specs will be provided to the successful candidates.
This is not a task for a junior developer. 3 yrs+ of hacking skills required.
Category IT & Programming
Deadline: October 07, 2020