* Riskmentor (Legal Services): Providing Patent Searches and Japanese to English Translation
* Operational Risk Management Consulting (Security and Investigations) [desde 10/2007]: Providing Risk Management and market entry advice to multiple clients.
* American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (Biotechnology) [desde 2007]: Japan is a hot place for IP with about 350,000 patents filed a year for the last 20 years. AIPLA, USPTO and EPO visited regularly, not to mention dispute and licence negotiators, we had an opportunity to meet them all.
* Kroll International (Management Consulting) [desde 6/2006]: Country Manager in Japan and Korea for Kroll
* Thomson Reuters (Derwent Information) (Biotechnology) [desde 1999]: In trying to fix translation quality issues for Japanese parents, cost quickly became the main issue as the Yen grew stronger. I concieved of the use of computer translation of Japanese patents and developed a preprocessing routine to make Japanese patent text 'digestible' by computer translation software. Implementation of this automated system combined with post editing brought down the cost of abstracts and enabled the expansion of coverage of Japanese patents from 60% to 100%. The JPO took note and started their computer translation service for Japanese patents.
* The Irish Patent Office (Government Administration) [desde 8/1987]: There were 7 engineering and seven chemical examiners when I joined as the biotechnology examiner.