In this project we are looking to create what we are calling an " Online Tutoring System".
We are an online language school who currently has an LMS created in Wordpress with Buddy Boss and LearnDash.
We offer live online language classes to our students. So what we are looking to create as part of our LMS is the following.
For Private Lessons:
- A point system for classes. (Student buys 5 classes and gets 5 points. Every time the student schedules a class they use one point) Note: Points should have a limited time and expire if not used.
- A scheduling system (Teachers can update their availability [in their timezone] and students can choose their class time [in their timezone]. Ideally both students and teachers would be able to see a calendar with their upcoming and already completed lessons.)
- Cancellation and rescheduling (Students should have the possibility to cancel and reschedule through their calendar in accordance with our policy.)
- The scheduling flow would be Make Payment >> Get points >> Choose teacher >> Choose Class Time >> Automatically generate link to next lesson topic in learning path.
For group classes:
- Reserve a seat in the class (Students should be able to see all upcoming group classes including the class time [in their timezone], class topic and teacher. They will be able to reserve a seat in the class a certain number of hours before the lesson. Max number of students per class is 4 so the reservations should only allow 4 seats.
Both students and teachers should see the reserved group classes appear on their corresponding calendars once reserved.
- Once the student reserves a class they should be given access to the classroom link and a link to the lesson material.
Note: Group classes should work off a separate points system. For example, students can buy four private and five group classes. So they would have 4 points only to use for private classes and 5 points only to use for group classes.
Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about the project.
Category: IT & Programming
What's the project's scope?: Custom development
Is this a project or a position?: A project
I currently have: I have an idea
Required availability: As needed
API Integrations: Payment Processor (Paypal, Stripe, etc)