1. Plugins give your website additional functionality. Some of this may not be anything you see on the front-end but is added to enhance your website in other ways.
For example, I would add plugins for:
a. Site speed is an important element for SEO. Load time can include by many factors, such as the way the theme has been coded, the size of images used, the number of plugins on the website and more technical aspects such leveraging browser caching.
b. Anti-spam plugins prevent and auto delete all those horrible spam emails that find their way into comment and contact form sections of the website. If the purpose of the website is to engage your audience, you would want to open those fields, while at the same time protecting you from the automated spam.
c. SEO Plugins (e.g. Yoast) assist the content creator to format the posts and / recipes using current best practice methods for search engines to work out what the post or page is about (e.g. Appropriate formatting of your keyword)
d. Google Analytics tracking. If you currently have tracking installed we need to know where it has been added and do we have access to the GA account?
Vital for SEO is to monitor leads in and out of the website.
Security plugins prevent your being hacked or infected with viruses.
Your hosting company may include backups, but this is unclear from my access.
We would want to be able to do manual backups whenever we make big changes such as software updates.
e. Front-end plugins include contact form, Instagram & Facebook page integration, optional availability calendar.
1. Website design / look & feel can be improved upon.
2. The home page is “busy” making it difficult for the user to know exactly what the site offers or where to click to find out.
3. Header navigation and function require improvement.
4. Home page: The headings on the slider are very difficult to read. The image used is pix elated.
5. Clickable elements overlap.
6. Lodge pages could be better designed and images used should be selected to sell the property. 7. They are tiny and cannot be enlarged rendering them useless. From what I can tell there are images and icons available to use (e.g. Found on Nightsbridge, social media accounts and the pdf brochure - so there is already collateral to tap into)
We would like to have a professional look at the below points;
• Use existing WordPress website and Theme.
• Redesign / enhance design and improve the user journey.
• Use new and improved images throughout.
• Keep Nightsbridge availability on page.
• Integrate social media accounts (Facebook / Instagram)
• Check content for deadlines (social media buttons, newsletter sign up etc.)
• Improve CTA throughout
• WordPress plugins – add / remove as necessary.
Brochure design elements (e.g. Background shades, icons, borders) could be brought into the website to enhance the
look (subtly) while keeping your marketing material consistent.
Design examples you have shared to take inspiration from:
I propose a clean design with easy to read text, large beautiful images that take the user on a journey that flows and
makes sense. Who you are, where you are, what you offer, how to book.
The website is not mobile friend at all. This element would be rectified as part of this quote. Importance:
- Redesign the home page to include written content. Both for the user and for SEO. This is your main landing
page and there is very little information on there.
- Add room information to the website (taken from Nightsbridge descriptions)
- Newsletter signup goes to contact page, with no option to sign up? What is the purpose
- Standardize copy elements (all headers to be in CAPS or Sentence case, or First Letter Caps, for example).
And any other ideas you might have to get this website beyond bespoke. For example websites let me know or check these out:
https://www.Qatarairways.com/ this website is clean, and easy to navigate.
www.suninternational.com / this website has great images which we also have. Keep it visual.
Category Design & Multimedia
Subcategory Web design
What do you need? Medium-sized change
Is this a project or a position? Project
Required availability As needed
Deadline: Not specified