What You’ll Do
· Become an essential part of a cross-functional team of accomplished engineers and architects
· Build software tools to empower our teams
· Help push the development of the engineering department as a whole forward
· Help lead the continued development of our overall platform
· Design CDN deployment tooling for all of our frontends, both internal and external facing
· Maintain our Node.JS
microservice-based app which powers nearly 10% of our backend services
· Regular company-wide upgrades of dependencies like Node.JS
for our microservice runtime and local development needs
· Campaign for the use of open-source tools across all frontends for better consistency and to improve our ability to work on all frontends without a learning curve
· Adopt tools that improve our ability to determine code coverage, performance, bundle size, and other metrics which directly impact our user experience
· Monitor team-owned frontends and backends as part of our on-call rotation to ensure they're always performing well, and fix any issues which reduce the availability
· Participate in architecture discussions with engineers from every team and be able to provide feedback/ take constructive feedback
· Imposter syndrome is real. If you are hesitant to apply because of not checking all the boxes, or you've had a less-traditional career or educational background, we encourage you to still apply and mention why you believe you'd be a fit for the role.
· Our Tech Stack: Our backend services follow microservices architecture using Java and Spring Boot. We use cloud services (AWS) as our backbone, with Kubernetes and Docker for our orchestration. We use PostgreSQL for our databases and Python & Spark for large-scale data workloads. For the frontend, we use a combination of modern frameworks (React, Angular, etc.), Coupled with various Node run time services.Category
: IT & ProgrammingSubcategory
: Web developmentWhat is the scope of the project?
: Create a new custom siteIs this a project or a position?
: ProjectI currently have
: I have an ideaRequired availability
: As neededRoles needed