We're looking for an experienced technical translator to translate, check and if necessary correct our translation files. The files are named using the language code. So, for instance, fr-fr is the translation file for French (France) or de-de is the translation file for German (Germany) etc.
This project requires experience with:
- native to the language needed for translations
- Experience translating j-son files
- Experience in using Microsoft Office as our Apps are Microsoft Office related
- Experience in working with a collection of files delivered as one ZIP file
- The reference language will be the English translations file
- If other language files are delivered to you then those files will help you understand how the translations were defined for other languages. They might help you better understand the meaning of the English original wording.
- Brands and Product names: Brand and product names should not be translated. Example for Brands: officeatwork, Microsoft - Example for Product Names: Office, SharePoint Online, Teams, Template Chooser, Content Chooser, Wizard, Designer, Uploader, Verifier, Formatter, Image Chooser etc.
- Deliver the files you received the way you received them. If the got delivered in on zip file, then please return one zip file. If they go delivered separately then return them separately
- in case, you encounter some mistakes in the English translations then please deliver a list of your correction suggestions in a separate text file.
Please do not alter the original English translation files.
- Delivery within days.
In your proposal, please share a brief summary of your experience.
We have included sample files. Feel free to check those out.
Category: Writing & Translation
How many words?: Less than 1,000 words
Is this a project or a position?: Project
Required availability: As needed