About the business
This billing and payments business has a global client base of both, third party and internal businesses, providing innovative Fintech solutions and operations.
About the role
This role develops our support team procedures and strategies for new systems, networks, operating systems and new applications as well as providing the support to the ongoing deployed base of the Company payment platforms. You will be required to solve problems and provide technical expertise and direction in support of our payment system infrastructure. The job involves you using your knowledge, skills and experience to introduce process improvements, and new approaches to problem diagnosis.
- Complex systems support and problem resolution for high volume payment system environments
System implementations and builds
- Software deployments
- Support ticket documentation, management, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolution including documenting processes and fixes
- Analysing environments/systems, applications, data, system processes, business processes, and performance
- Platform solution testing
- Product testing
- Providing user guidance and documentation
Both remote and on-site support will be required during various phases of the customer lifecycle.
The majority of support requirements will be conducted remotely from Melbourne, Australia. In the event where either training or on- site support is required, travel to the appropriate destination globally maybe required.
It is essential that the prospective employee have specific high volume payment systems experience in a technically based customer focussed role.
The position requires a strong commitment to effective communication, both written and verbal. Internal procedures must be adhered to and reporting undertaken.
The individual is responsible for working to timelines and ensuring that any expected deviation to these timelines is communicated at the earliest possible opportunity. All activity is to be documented and communicated using Company support systems.
The candidate will be working closely with the principal team based in Melbourne and may be required to travel to Melbourne for training and upskilling programs.
There will be an ongoing requirement for testing.
Benefits and perks
You will be paid a market competitive salary and enjoy working in a small to medium Company with motivated colleagues.
Skills and experience
The person must have:
· A bachelor degree or higher qualification and subsequent training in networking, security and database administration.
· More than 5 -8 years experience with mission-critical systems support particularly with experience in high volume payment systems supporting voucher creation, management and distribution.
· Excellent problem solving, analysis, and troubleshooting skills within complex tcp/ip network, os, and application domains.
· Operation systems knowledge of Unix (suse/rhel), osx and windows.
· Experience with cloud providers and technologies (Amazon Web Services / IBM Softlayer).
· Knowledge of programming languages (Java, PHP).
· Excellent knowledge of Informix and good knowledge of other database systems (especially Informix / Oracle / Mysql).
Added Experience in the following fields will be beneficial
· On-site support management experience with a high volume payment system and specific experience in India and the MEA region.
· Specific experience working with Tier 1 and Tier 2 Telecommunications business and supporting mission-critical voucher and payment systems.
· Experience with the pressures of preparing a payments system for high growth increases in voucher volume, while at all times meeting critical SLA's for the operations of these mission-critical revenue systems.
· Experience providing technical/operational support, ideally within a mission-critical, tcp/ip secure network with unix (suse/rhel) within service level agreements (sla's).
· Experience in automation/infrastructure as code methodology working with various tools such as puppet/chef / ansible.
· Specific knowledge of payment platforms similar in architecture to our Companies deployed payment systems (assessed in an interview) is highly desirable.
· Shell scripting (eg ability to write, test, and maintain shell scripts; PERL skills) highly desirable.
Category: IT & Programming
Subcategory: Web development
What is the scope of the project?: Medium-sized change
Is this a project or a position?: Project
I currently have: I have specifications
Required availability: As needed
API Integrations: Other (Other APIs)
Roles needed: Developer