Our client is looking for a Dart Flutter software engineer with a background in Angular to become a full-time member of our software development team. The successful candidate will join our team to create a hybrid mobile application for iOS and Android using Google's Flutter development framework and upgrade and maintain our existing Angular web application. The application will fully move to Flutter as the two mature and functionality converges.
This individual should have deep experience contributing to and managing full-scale production applications.
What's in it for you?
Continuous performance coaching
Global health insurance (for candidates outside the US)
Community and learning (weekly Masterclass, monthly Mastermind, free resources)
Long-term working relationship with amazing clients
On-time and secure payroll with monthly payslip
Employee Referral bonus
A Day in the Life
● Slinging code, both Flutter and Angular - as an integral part of the development team, writing code is job number one. You will be working with our lead ux/ui designer and the rest of the team to build a world-class application and platform. If needed, you won't shy away from jumping in and helping with back end code as well.
● You will regularly interact with internal and external users to understand their needs and create solutions using fast iterations and prototyping in a highly collaborative way.
● You are product-first over tech-perfection, prioritizing "shipping working code to users and getting feedback" over "getting the tech just right." The tech and getting it right is essential, but you understand that "perfection is the enemy of good enough."
● Being a mobile expert across several tech stacks and being relentlessly curious about all mobile tech options (e.g., Web, native, hybrid, cross-platform, etc.).
● Focus on creating software that is clean, readable, scalable, robust, testable, easy to maintain, and easily deployed software.
● Being systems minded while still delivering real value to both internal and external users.
● You are learning new things and love it -- every day! We are relentlessly curious!
● Very few meetings.
We're entirely remote and distributed and try to keep the need for meetings to as few as possible.
One year of solid experience building and deploying moderate to complex Flutter applications with referenceable deployments to both Apple and Google's app stores
Two years of experience building and deploying moderate to complex Angular applications, with referenceable application deployments
Extensive experience using REST APIs and familiarity with GraphQL APIs.
Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum / Kanban preferred).
Proficiency in working with version control (GitHub/GitLab/BitBucket).
Must be able to work full time 40 hour week. Ideally, you will typically work a good portion of your core hours during 9 am - 5 pm CST - this role is entirely remote, but we need to collaborate!
Nice to have:
Real-world experience building products offered to the public.
Experience building shared libraries/widgets for use across multiple teams and products or shared user experiences across web and mobile products.
Category: IT & Programming
Subcategory: Apps programming. Android, iOS and others
What is the scope of the project?: Create a new app
Is this a project or a position?: Project
I currently have: I have specifications
Required availability: As needed
Required platforms: Android, iPhone
I need to: Create an app
App type: Other
Back-end is required: No
Payment gateway: No