The Walking Dead Memes
What it is:
A website where people create funny content and memes about The Walking Dead. A platform like other meme generators, but with scenes from TWD.
You can customize similar systems, as long as the template and functionalities be what is described as follow.
How it works:
1. Choose image: the users upload their own image or choose an image from the left bar.
2. Insert text: the users can insert texts (top/ bottom, like usual meme format)
3. Share creation: download and share the image
• Home: thewalkingdeadmemes.com main page (templates 1 and 2)
• Other series: /others-series – page with the message “Sorry :( ! We haven't scenes from this series yet. Would you care to contribute? Type your name and e-mail and we will contact you!”
• Report: /report – Form with fields: name, e-mail*, message* (* are required)
Detailed functionalities description – front-end:
1. Left bar: section where are the series images and the search bar to find them. When the page is loaded, the images will be ordered by most used.
2. Search bar: each image of the database has tags, that will be used in the search. While the user types, the tags with the letter written are displayed, helping the user to choose the tags that are related to the image he wants. Simultaneously as the tags are typed, the images with the tags are filtered, in order of relevance (most chosen).
3. Set: area where the user drops the scene image and insert the text.
4. Comic strip: to create a comic strip, the user must drag and drop the images to the set, putting then in the order he wants. When the image is dragged, it automatically fits up or down, forming the strip (ima01)
5. Image upload: the user can upload an image
6. Insert text: initially, there are 2 visible text options (top and bottom), where the user can type the text and it will, automatically, be showed over the selected image. A button, “insert new text line”, allows to insert new text areas over the image. All text boxes are resizable (and the text inside gets bigger or smaller, as the box is resizable). Font size, type and color can be change, and default text is in caps;
7. Insert image: upload an image that will be over the series scenes, like a collage;
8. Sharing: the user can save as or download the image and share with the button of the most common social media (Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, Mail and others – API po.st, the social sharing platform) and Whatsapp. The generated image goes to the latest memes area. The private option allows only the user to download the image. A watermark (thewalkingdeadmemes.com) at the bottom left corner.
9. Series list: a list with various series that people may want to create memes. In this first version (only with The Walking Dead scenes), this list will lead to a page (“Sorry :( ! We haven't scenes from this series yet. Would you care to contribute? Type your name and e-mail and we will contact you!”). Only the administrator will have access to the series list click counter. List: American Horror Story, Beauty and the Beast, Better Call Saul, Bones, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Friends, Game of Thrones, Glee, Gossip Girl, Grimm, Hannibal, House, House of Cards (2013), How I Met Your Mother, Lie to Me, Lost, Mad Men, Mr. Robot, Narcos, Nashville, Once Upon a Time, Prison Break, Sherlock, Sons of Anarchy, Suits, Supernatural, That ‘70s Show, The Big Bang Theory, The Good Wife, The Office, The Office (2005), The Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead, The X-Files, Two and a Half Men, Vikings.
10. Latest memes: shows the latest 50 memes created. Updated in real time, showing that most recent in first place. Showing: date of creation, # of views, share options (Facebook, Twitter, g+, Instagram, Whatsapp)
11. Ads: 2 AdSense ads (top and right)
12. Report/suggestion: open tab with form: name, e-mail* and message* (* are required fields) and send button (send to email@example.com)
13. Remove watermark: remove the website watermark from their images by payment;
Admin’s area, with login, to manage the series and their images. Section:
1. Users: to create/delete new adm users (login/e-mail/password)
2. Series: this section inform the Series List, ranked by number of clicks, and allows to create news series. After a new series is created, is needed to upload its images and the search tags for each image
3. Reports: list of reports and suggestions
Future implementations (not included in this first project, but here you can know my future ideas. If you want, set the prices and we can do):
• Apply filter: considering that some scenes are epic in themselves, the user may want only apply them a filter and insert a quote with a text box. With a box option: “apply filter to the text”;
• Crop uploaded image: the user can upload an image, crop (circle or rectangle) an object or a face from a photo to put in the series scene;
• Various templates of strips: a set a list of different templates of strip, shown above the set, allowing the user the choose how the strip may look like;
• Account: all functionalities can be done with or without the user’s login;
• Text balloons: in addition to the text boxes, little icons of speak and thought balloons, near to the insert text area, in which the text will be structured and fit inside said balloons;
• Linux hosting
• Google analytics
• See the template files attached
Category: IT & Programming
Subcategory: Web Development
Is this a project or a position?: A project
I currently have: I have specifications
Experience in this type of project: No (I haven't managed this kind of project before)
Required availability: As needed
Roles needed: Designer, Developer
API Integrations: Social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc)