Lokafy connects travellers with locals, providing an experience that's like having a friend show you around their home city. Please check out the video that explains the concept here: http://lkfy.co/2a9oCUR
We are looking to add to our remote development team to help us scale quickly. Ideally you would be a full stack developer but we are willing to consider frontend and backend specialists as well.
What you will be working on…
We have a web app that faces end users and allows them to manage their bookings and also an in-house built operations system that helps us automate the operations processes on the back-end. We plan to automate more parts of the operations processes so that we can achieve scale and in the medium term, build out mobile apps to connect travellers and Lokayers in real time.
We’ve grown a lot even though there’s still a lot we need to build on the website and the operations system. We’ve had tours in over 300 cities around the world and revenue was on track to double this year, up until the COVID-19 hit. We expect that slowly but surely we will all start to travel again so we are using this time to build our platform to prepare for growth.
We are also working on a project to connect travellers with Lokafyers through online video calls, called Travel from Home.
We’d love to work with someone who:
- Loves to build something new and solve problems
- Pays attention to detail and can strike the right balance between building something quickly and building sustainably for the long term
- Enjoys giving back and making the world a better place. Whether that be through teaching what they know to junior developers, contributions to open source projects or involvement in community organizations and projects
- Is humble and looks to continuously learn and grow as a person
Technical Skills You’ll Need:
- 2+ years experience with broad exposure to different aspects of web development
- Experience with our tech stack (Python/Django for backend, React for frontend) and Git*
- Backend developers: understanding of software architecture, API design and scalable systems, microservices and service-oriented architecture
- Frontend developers: experience in front-end design with microservices and internal and external APIs and reusable components to build a scalable user-focused web app, testing
- Bonus Points if you have experience with: AWS, Google Cloud, Gitlab DevOps, Docker and Kubernetes
* If you’re proficient with other frameworks, we expect you would be able to learn these quickly
- AngularJS / React *, html, css, bootstrap on the front-end
- aws / gcp
* we are in the process of migrating from angularjs to react
what we have to offer:
flexibility and autonomy
we’re an early stage startup so you have the opportunity to really shape the team and processes as lokafy grows.
Support and Collaboration
Work with a founder who knows how to code, respects the work you do and the complexities involved. Also work with developers who take pride in what they do and share these values
Work on something that matters
From a technical perspective your work matters since it would be actively used by people around the world. But beyond that, you would be working to create a future where every time someone travels, they not only think about what places they can see, but who they can meet.
By connecting travellers with locals, we’re allowing people to get out of the tourist bubble and see the world from a new perspective. We’re working to bring the world closer together.Category
: IT & ProgrammingSubcategory
: Web developmentWhat is the scope of the project?
: Medium-sized changeIs this a project or a position?
: ProjectI currently have
: I have specificationsRequired availability
: As neededAPI Integrations
: Other (Other APIs)Roles needed