PK is looking for a Sr. Drupal Developer that would like to help us in a migration project.
• Responsible primarily for extracting content from Drupal for a migration project
• Create custom Drupal modules, leverage APIs and existing modules to build a custom content as a service layer
• Collaborate with onshore, offshore and near-shore teams on work items with some time-zone overlap
• Participate in discussions, own Drupal platform work items, propose Drupal design alternatives with recommendations and collaborate with lead architect on solution discussions
• Work closely with broader team to understand Drupal current state architecture, ask smart questions that will lead the current state conversation
• Create documentation on current approach in depth, as well as target state solution
• Will be working as part of a larger team to migrate existing Drupal content to another CMS
• Over 5 years of experience working on Drupal
• Strong understanding of Drupal 7/8 or later version and the differences between those versions
• Hands-on Drupal Lead Developer, heavily invested in the backend design and development on Drupal
• Strong understanding of Drupal content structure, modules and content services that can export Drupal content, somewhat similar to a headless CMS
• Strong understanding of Drupal nodes, content types, page structures, and underlying APIs
• Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
• Have experience building custom services or used modules to export page content from Drupal
• English communication skills: Advanced
• Understanding of a headless architecture the Drupal-way will be great.
• Understanding of other comparable CMS like WordPress, and ColdFusion will be great, but not required
• Good with front-end development and theming along with back-end/module integration and development (php, html, css, js, jquery, etc.).
• Solid understanding of Drupal themes and modules and functional extensions
• Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views, and Panels
• Working closely with the team and the customer to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation
• Designing and implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding the website’s architecture, ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at PK are based exclusively on merit. PK does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity and identity expression, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category: IT & Programming
Subcategory: Web development
What is the scope of the project?: Medium-sized change
Is this a project or a position?: Project
I currently have: Not applicable
Required availability: As needed
API Integrations: Other (Other APIs)
Roles needed: Developer, Other
Other roles needed: Hands-on Drupal Lead Developer with ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture.