We are seeking a Technology Development Manager for a multi-faceted position that will be key to the company´s continued growth in the translation and localization industry.
This person will be responsible for the internal applications, IT, and product and custom development projects. This person will work closely with partners and consultants and also be involved in customer calls regarding technical or development projects.
This person will serve as a hands-on Admin and maybe some development for the primary systems (ie Microsoft, MemoQ) depending on time, priorities, and skills.
They will be responsible for managing the requirements and work that goes to the partners since most of the services are outsourced.
Overall responsibility for creating, implementing and managing a structured and compliant (to internal and industry standards) IT infrastructure and development environment.
● Design, configuration, development, documentation and testing of technology solutions to meet business or technology requirements. Evaluation of existing technology solutions to determine fit for new business or technology requirements.
● Provide senior management with detailed analysis and recommendations for technology initiatives and alternatives.
● Collaboration with internal and third-party support to ensure proper integration of the new technology solutions with the existing applications and infrastructure.
● Analysis of stakeholders’ needs, business, and technology requirements. Translation of requirements into technology solution capabilities and design.
● Review peer review designs, implementation plans, software code, configuration settings or other artifacts to ensure technology solutions being created by others meets the stakeholders’ needs, business, and technology requirements.
● Provides support toward resolution of escalated support tickets. May perform the needed analysis to identify root cause of reported incidents, identify the short and long-term remediation for the identified incidents. Ensures application of operation break fixes and performs other proactive maintenance activities until permanent solutions can be implemented.
● Analyzes stakeholders’ needs and designs, configures, develops, and tests technology solutions to satisfy demand. Performs build versus buy analysis for business demand and makes recommendations to management.
● Sources, evaluates, and manages technical partner relationships. Makes data-driven recommendations to management for decision-making.
● Evaluates existing technology solutions and platforms and provides recommendations for improving technology performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of needed modifications.
● Creates process documentation including flowcharts, diagrams, drawings, and other related documentation. Creates technical workflows and training documentation.
● Ensures that the design and technology solution implementation meets security and QA standards. Suggests fixes to issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of any defect(s).
● Analyzes various reports to ensure that the functionality and performance meets all product and service level requirements.
● Conduct or ensure proper change management processes during all phases of systems development life cycle.
● Manages development and staging environments for internal technology systems.
● Manage the company´s website.
● Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math).
● 3-5 years in the translation and localization industry preferred, tools implementation, DevOps, Cloud, testing, and management.
● Demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions using structured methodologies such as Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) And waterfall
● Demonstrated track record of translating business outcomes, business requirements, and technical requirements into technical designs for new technology solutions or enhancements to existing technology solutions, while following architectural standards and organizational policies
● Understanding of technology architecture, technology platforms including Cloud and virtualization technologies, and ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements
● Ability to define metrics that measure the success of the technology solution in addressing business and technical requirements as well as achieving the desired outcomes
● Working knowledge of the specific area including business process configuration and execution for assigned domains
● Experience implementing off the shelf products; mission-critical technology solutions
● Understanding financial principles as they apply to technology investments such as cost to achieve, cost to operate, depreciation, maintenance, etc.
● Ability to create both technical and non-technical end-user documentation
● Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
● Ability to understand projects not just from a technical or development standpoint, but also from a non-technical, business-level client or end-user perspective
● Flexible and willing to accept changes in priorities as necessary
● Analytical and technically minded with strong attention to detail
● Desire and ability to learn new business and technical concepts
● Strong oral and written communication skills, judgment, and management skills
● Team player and team builder with the ability to problem-solve, show initiative, and influence others.
● Flexibility and a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
● Experience implementation or administration of Microsoft business applications such as Dynamics CRM, Support, Projects, Operation, Finance or similar enterprise-level business applications.
● Experience with MemoQ or other CAT tools and other translation and interpreting industry technology and processes.
● Experience with Abbyy server implementation and management.
● Azure or AWS experience
● Knowledge of Translation Memory tools and Translation Management Systems (TMS). Understanding of Machine Translation (mt) engines and mt post-editing, (processes, tools, schedule, and budget impact).
● Excellent technical understanding of website localization, e-learning, project management, and video translations.
● hipaa and gdpr experience.
Contract: long term
Monthly payments in USD
Working hours: Mon-Fri 10.30am to 7pm ARG / 8.30am to 5pm CST
Category: IT & Programming
Project size: Large
Is this a project or a position?: Project
I currently have: Not applicable
Required availability: As needed
API Integrations: Other (Other APIs)