We're looking for a Ruby on Rails and Vue.js
developer to work remotely as part of a small, fully distributed team. You’ll work on FeedBear, a new product helping startups and product builders.
Our goal is to help companies truly listen to their customers and use feedback to build better products. Our application is up and running, three years in development, and is used by hundreds of users.
We’re planning to grow and have an aggressive timeline and roadmap for new features and product improvements.
### **About the product**
Most product managers and founders will make decisions by either guessing or using their gut. They can get lucky, or waste a lot of time and money building the wrong thing. Startups are also missing out on valuable ideas and insights from customers that could help them unlock new revenue and improve customer retention.
FeedBear creates a community for customers to contribute to and stay involved with product development. A company’s FeedBear project is a single place to collect all ideas and feedback from customers, users and team members. We give them tools to prioritize feedback and understand what customers really want, so they can build the right features, solving an actual problem.
We help them keep customers updated on what’s happening to their product by sharing a public roadmap and changelog.
### **About the role**
We’re looking for a full stack developer who enjoys working independently, prefers writing code and getting new features shipped quickly to attending meetings and dealing with company politics. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who's excited about startups and helping other product builders.
You’ll be working with the company founder and head of Product, Pietro, our Product Manager, Vitor, alongside our lead developer, Sirbuland, and collaborating with our Support Manager, Diego.
You’ll have opportunities to work directly with customers and work independently to ship new product features and improvements.
You’ll work from wherever you want, whenever you want. You’re free to set your daily schedule, as long as you produce results, we don’t mind when you do so. We communicate mainly with project managing tools, documents, occasionally Slack and Zoom.
Our tech stack is Rails, Postgres, Vue.js
and Webpack. We use Tailwind on the frontend.
### **Skills and Requirements:**
- Strong experience with Rails and Vue.js
(3+ years development experience)
- You can break things down, look for simple solutions we can deliver fast, enabling the company to ship new features quickly and get feedback from our customers.
- You have a good eye for design and well built web and mobile products.
- Database management experience and knowledge of Postgres
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Full stack developer, you can cover frontend design and development
- Experience with GIT and Heroku, AWS.
- Independent, you like solving problems on your own but you also know when to ask for help
- Excellent writer and communicator, you're comfortable communicating asynchronously using tools like Slack and Trello
- Commitment to meet deadlines and deliver above expectations
- Time management skills - you’re on time and communicate promptly
- Self motivated and positive attitude
### **What’s in it for you:**
- Shape a product used by other product builders
- The opportunity to make a big impact on something new
- Work directly with key decision makers - no bureaucracy
- You’ll be part of a small team of five working on FeedBear
- Work in a casual yet fast paced environment
- Work where and when you want, on your own schedule
### **Next steps:**
- We’ll start with an interview
- We’ll assign you a test project, building a small feature for the product
- If you’re successful and we like working together, we’ll make an offer
## More about FeedBear
**Work**: ongoing feature development, fixes and improvements for the FeedBear application at [app.feedbear.com](http://app.feedbear.com/)
**Roadmap**: see our public roadmap [https://feedback.feedbear.com/roadmap](https://feedback.feedbear.com/roadmap)
**Start time**: ideally in January
**Tech stack**: Rails, VueJS, TailwindCSS, and Webpack
**Source code**: managed in Github
**Project management**: we maintain our backlog in Trello and work with a Kanban method
**Project/product owner**: we have a product manager in the team
**Communications:** mostly async via Slack, Trello
**Timezones:** Head of product and pm are on est time, other developers in europe and pakistan - we need minimal overlap.
**Meetings:** we keep meetings to a minimum, currently all communications are via Slack/TrelloCategory
: IT & ProgrammingSubcategory
: Web developmentWhat is the scope of the project?
: Create a new custom siteIs this a project or a position?
: ProjectI currently have
: I have specificationsRequired availability
: As neededRoles needed