About the Position:
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer who will focus on enhancing the performance and reliability of our cutting-edge application environment with their knowledge of Linux server environments, Docker, and microservice best practices. This position will report to the Platform Technical Project Manager.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Writing code and building tools, mostly in Ruby but also in Bash and other languages, that support our entire development team.
- Constantly improving our development and production deployment processes.
- Ensuring up-time for core infrastructure services such as Docker container servers, databases, and continuous deployment tools in testing and production environments.
- Helping provide on-call coverage for nights and weekends to ensure 24 hour support for infrastructure issues and problems.
- Configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters.
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- Skills and experience troubleshooting large, complex systems
- Intermediate to senior experience as a developer
- Experience collaborating closely with operations teams, network engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience administering Linux Servers in production.
- Experience running Docker in production.
- Familiarity with bash scripting.
Ideally you’d also have:
- Experience configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters, especially in production.
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails or another MVC framework.
- Familiarity with Python, Elixir and Rust
- Experience with CircleCI.
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of any of Solr, Redis, Elasticsearch, My SQL, Kafka, Consul.
Vault, Terraform and Packer.
- Familiarity with Phoenix (the Elixir framework).
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
Category: IT & Programming
Subcategory: Web development
Is this a project or a position?: Project
I currently have: I have specifications
Required availability: Full time
API Integrations: Other (Other APIs)
Roles needed: Developer