Our software house is looking for a reliable individual developer to join our team, initially on a part time basis of 1 - 2 days per week with the possibility to expand for the right candidate. You will need to be able to work both independently and closely with other members of our team depending on the nature of the project. We're based in Spain, but are happy to work with remote developers as long as they are able to stay in touch and have some overlap of timezones.
based sites). You don't need to be an expert in either, we're happy for you to learn on the job (in fact it's actively encouraged!)
You will ideally need:
- To be able to work and problem solve independently, but also be willing to ask for assistance when necessary (no lone wolves please!)
- To be a good communicator and have a high standard of English - you will need to communicate regularly with the rest of the team on your work via our issue tracking system, will need to be able to read and understand requirements and communicate directly with our clients.
- To have a reasonable level of coding experience with Python, ideally in both a web development and scripting environment.
- Experience working with git and to be able to understand and follow the 'Github Flow' working process.
- Experience working with at least one popular database server (we use Postgres mainly)
- The ability to manage your own time and prioritise your work accordingly.
- To be able to accurately review a requirement and follow through it's implementation.
- Competency with html / css.
- Able to undertake research work and willing to self teach when necessary.
- Be able to follow coding standards as specified.
Bonus points for experience with (please mention these in your response):
- Django (or a similar Python based framework)
- PHP & Wordpress
- Angular (and angular-cli) and / or Vue.js
- Docker (and compose) / Vagrant
- Test driven development
- If you live in or can regularly work to the European timezone (EST)
Please also provide code samples if you have them.
You will be working on a wide variety of applications for both web, mobile and desktop. We hope that this is a good opportunity for someone like minded to join and further their career with a fast growing business and work with some people who are truly passionate about the code they produce.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Also please note we will need you to be able to generate and send us full invoices for your work as the autogenerated ones on this platform are not sufficient for our needs. I can provide an example to follow.Category
: IT & ProgrammingSubcategory
: Web developmentWhat is the scope of the project?
: Medium-sized changeIs this a project or a position?
: Long-term positionI currently have
: I have specificationsRequired availability
: Part timeExperience in this type of projects
: Yes (I have managed this kind of project before)API Integrations
: Other (Other APIs)Roles needed