This position is for a luxury tour operator with an office in Buenos Aires (Retiro) that offers high-end, tailor-made journeys throughout Latin America and the Mediterranean to a mainly North American clientele.
We are seeking a native level English speaker currently living in Buenos Aires for the long term to join our sales team of travel experts. Go to www.blueparallel.com for more information.
job description: travel expert -- as part of the sales team, this position provides personalized travel assistance to very discerning international clients. This job requires diligence, high attention to detail, skilled time management, the ability to multitask and excel while working with a team in a fast paced environment. This is an entry to mid level position and visa sponsorship is provided.
• customize, design, and sell private, luxury journeys.
• Present and orient the product to prospective clients and compile itineraries based on their profile and preferences. You will also manage their itinerary after booking the trip.
• Provide customer service to VIP travelers prior to, during, and after their trip (we operate in 20 countries in Latin America & the Mediterranean region). This requires being on-call 24/7 while clients are traveling.
• Live presentations made to travel agents on the destinations and why they deserve their clients' attention.
• Travel to the destinations of the company on fact-finding assignments to ascertain the best experiences, guides, hotels, and arrangements. Present findings upon return to the office to advance the product of the company.
• Participate in business development initiatives and assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• College undergraduate degree (Bachelor of Arts or higher)
• Native level English speaker
• At least 1 year of previous office experience (preferably in sales or customer service)
• Excellent writing and communication skills (plus for creative writing skills and copy writing experience)
• Highly organized, dynamic, team-player with the ability to multi-task and learn fast
• Currently living in Buenos Aires with plans to stay long term
• Fully proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Gmail, and Google Drive
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Travel experience in Latin America and the Mediterranean
• Intermediate level of Spanish and/or other languages such as Portuguese or French
• Professional phone call experience
Category Sales & Marketing
Project size Large
Is this a project or a position? Project
Required availability As needed
Deadline: Not specified