Ideally we are looking for a backend developer, but full stack experience and front end development is a huge plus. This position would be ideally suited to a mid level or junior developer with the ability to learn on the job.
You will ideally need:
- To be able to work and problem solve independently, but also be willing to ask for assistance when necessary (no lone wolves please!)
- To be a good communicator and have a high standard of English - you will be expected to communicate regularly with the rest of the team on your work via our issue tracking system, will need to be able to read and understand requirements and communicate directly with our clients.
- To have a reasonable level of coding experience with Python (both versions 2 & 3), ideally in both a web development and scripting environment.
- Experience working with git and to be able to understand and follow the 'Github Flow' working process.
- Experience working with at least one popular database server (we use Postgres mainly)
- The ability to manage your own time and prioritise your work accordingly.
- To be able to accurately review a requirement and follow through it's implementation.
- Competency with html / css.
- Able to undertake research work and willing to self teach when necessary.
- Be able to follow coding standards as specified.
Bonus points for experience with (please mention these in your response):
- Django (or a similar Python based framework)
- PHP & Wordpress
- Angular (and angular-cli) and / or Vue
- Docker (and compose) / Vagrant
- Test driven development
Please also provide code samples if you have them.
You will be working on a wide variety of applications for both web, mobile and desktop. We hope that this is a good opportunity for someone like minded to join and further their career with a fast growing business and work with some people who are truly passionate about the code they produce.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
Category IT & Programming
Subcategory Web development
What is the scope of the project? Create a new custom site
Is this a project or a position? Project
I currently have I have specifications
Required availability Part time
Experience in this type of projects Yes (I have managed this kind of project before)
API Integrations Other (Other APIs)
Roles needed Developer
Project duration: 3 - 4 months