About this project
it-programming / mobile-development
Robot Sea Monster is a digital production studio with an extensive background in designing and developing mobile and web games, ar/vr, web3 blockchain, and commercial applications. Founded in 2012, the studio has successfully shipped over 40 products, serving major brands such as Blue Shield and Pearson, as well as innovators like LO3 Energy and Occipital. Our work has been profiled in major media outlets, such as The New York Times, cnbc, and ted. We are looking to build our team with creative people who want to make games and apps that engage, delight, and educate users.
You must have extensive experience with React Native. You must be extremely comfortable with the Pixel Perfect layout, React components, and backend interactions via RESTful APIs and JSON. Backend and Database experience is a plus. You must be proactive and efficient about understanding the overall project vision, and able to carry your portion of the project from design to implementation to deployment, assisting in all areas possible.
This position is intended for an existing ongoing project, as well as for future projects we have upcoming. Projects last varying lengths, and you may have more than one project at a time. We seek a full 8-hour work day from our engineers, though some of that will be communication and standups.
This is a full-time position lasting for the duration of the production cycle. This is a full-time position, and we expect the workload to be up to 40 hours a week while production is active. You will be expected to be available to attend daily standups, coordinate with a distributed multidisciplinary team, and complete all tasks on time and to specification. This is a remote work contract, but the worker must be available for 4 hours of overlap time with California (pst) daily between 9 am - 2 pm pst.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement high-quality, Pixel Perfect, and responsive front-end layouts.
- Design robust front-end architecture in React Native and related frameworks, interacting with the backend via REST APIs.
- Assist backend engineers in defining the required API endpoints for the application.
- Attend team meetings, including project kick-offs, standups, and additional meetings as required.
- Utilize and contribute to a company-wide code library.
Qualifications & skills:
- Fluent in react native with related libraries.
- Extensive experience in front-end interface design.
- Background in DevOps, Mobile Optimization a plus.
- At least 4 years of experience in mobile application creation, development, and production.
- Write clean, efficient, well-documented code.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, including the ability to communicate issues and report project design and status to a diverse non-technical audience.
- Must be detail-oriented, quality driven, straightforward, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Able to work independently, and creatively, and track multiple deadlines to success.
- Able to accept constructive feedback on your work.
- Proven history working in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience with project management or task tracking systems such as JIRA, Trello, or Pivotal Tracker preferred.
robot sea monster is a fully remote company with team members across the globe. We expect you to provide the appropriate computer, peripherals, and software needed for this position, in addition to the high-speed internet, mic, and camera required for video conferencing and voice calls. Robot Sea Monster will provide access to all team systems and any proprietary software or hardware required for a project.
You will need to be available via Google Meet, Slack, and email during designated work hours. Additional hours may be required when we need to meet project deadlines and for periodic client meetings. Hours will fluctuate based on the number of projects, project scale, and project timelines.
Category IT & Programming
Subcategory Apps programming. Android, iOS and others
What is the scope of the project? Medium-sized change
Is this a project or a position? Project
I currently have Not applicable
Required availability Full time
Required platforms Android, iPhone, Other
I need to Create an app
App type Game
Back-end is required Yes
Payment gateway No
Project duration 3 to 6 months