About this project
finance-management / gather-data
Part-time to full time, minimum 15 hours per week
Mon-Fri, depending on available projects. Saturdays optional
We work mostly during London, U.K. Daytime hours
IMPORTANT: If you are already working a lot of hours, please do not apply.
Our work requires a fresh and sharp mind to ensure accuracy.
This is a long-term opportunity, and we are looking for serious researchers with whom we can form professional relationships.
Tools required: Reliable PC/Mac and stable/fast internet connection, and your own desk with quiet working space.
You will be working with our Content Managers to compile data related to U.S./U.K. Financial products including loans (auto/personal/student/business), mortgages, savings/checking accounts, credit cards, online brokerage, etc. This data provides the editorial team with the information necessary to produce engaging and accurate content.
Your job includes these functions:
• Populate data points on a master spreadsheet and research forms with data sourced from various bank and financial websites
• Find unpublished or missing data via phone calls, live chat or email to financial companies
• Quality Control: Perform random cross-checks of data vs. Source URLs
• Proofread and maintain proper formatting according to the specification sheet
• Note any discrepancies, non-conforming data, or other issues and discuss with the content manager
• Coordinate with the Content Manager to deliver data sets within a set schedule
Required Training, Skills & Experience:
• English language skills: Native, Fluent or Advanced
• Proficiency and prior work experience with data collection, data journalism, or content research
• Experience with MS Excel, MS Word, as well as Google Sheets and Docs
• High-level internet research skills and experience
• Good understanding of personal & business financial products such as credit cards, loans, banking, investments, etc
• Ability to navigate and maintain large amounts of data within an organized structure
• Meticulous working style, with a sharp "eagle eye" for details and spotting errors
Extra points for candidates who:
• Have completed some courses or formal education related to finance, data, or accounting
• Are interested in/follow/enjoy personal & business financial topics
If our project sounds like a good fit for you, we invite you to send us your CV and a short introduction.
Category Finance & Management
Subcategory Gather data
Is this a project or a position? Project
Required availability Full time
Project duration 3 - 4 months